• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ksl28

Private
Apr 23, 2022
Hi,

Im experiencing some massive lag / extremely low FPS issues with PA.
System specs:
Windows 11 Pro
32GB RAM
Ryzen 3900x
RTX 2080

If i create an new prison, everything seems to be stable. But once i start expanding the land, it goes downhill from there.
I have expanded once in each direction (north,west,south and east) in my current prison, and have about 250 prisoners and approx the same amount of staff.

What ive tried:
Set priority and affinity to High and CPU1
Disabled the Steam community overlay
Disabled AV
Disabled all mods (i have 3 active ones)

I see several forum posts about this, but most of them are an few years old.
Is this still an issue, and are we supposed to stay below 800 prisoners?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-24 125203.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-24 125203.png
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not aware of it as a current issue, no.

Has it always been like this for you on this machine? On any previous machines you may have had?

Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I'm not aware of it as a current issue, no.

Has it always been like this for you on this machine? On any previous machines you may have had?

Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
Here you go :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    123,2 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.txt
    42,5 KB · Views: 0

Let's get those mods out of the way:

- uninstall PA from Steam
- unsubscribe from all mods in this game's Steam Workshop

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/PA
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Introversion/Prison Architect/
(keep any valued save games, of course)

Now install PA again and see how that goes please! test with a new prison , not any existing one.

Let's get those mods out of the way:

- uninstall PA from Steam
- unsubscribe from all mods in this game's Steam Workshop

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/PA
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Introversion/Prison Architect/
(keep any valued save games, of course)

Now install PA again and see how that goes please! test with a new prison , not any existing one.

Its been an issue for the past couple of years, on 3 different systems.

I followed your steps and was super optimistic in the beginning, but ive just reached 118 prisoners, and its lagging like crazy again now.

I really appreciate any feedback :)

You didn't implement any mods again, I hope? I forgot to mention that last time.

Can we see new copies of those two files please.

You didn't implement any mods again, I hope? I forgot to mention that last time.

Can we see new copies of those two files please.

I completely uninstalled the game
Removed the folder manually in Steam
Removed the Local AppData folder

Unsubscribed from all mods in the Workshop

Reinstalled and started an NEW prison - this is where i am now.

Im down to 9 FPS when in game - if i go to the menu it raises instantly to 29-30.
LowFPS.png

Attachments

• debug.txt
    51,7 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    123,3 KB · Views: 0
Not at all, no, sorry - still not seeing other such reports.

Can you test that new prison in any other machine you might have access to?

Not at all, no, sorry - still not seeing other such reports.

Can you test that new prison in any other machine you might have access to?

I have an old laptop with an I7-8xxx and an GTX 1650 (i believe) that i could install Windows on and try with.
But all other games (WoW, BF, Forza, etc) are running smoothless on my current rig - and im far from the only one, that have the issue it seems.

Does paradox have an "real" support, i can reach out to?

Does paradox have an "real" support, i can reach out to?
I do basically all the tech support for this game.

If we need to involve the developers Double Eleven though, I normally ask @Fifnaril to step in and raise issues with them.

Can you please attach here the save game file from the unmodded prison that shows this problem? Thanks!

Well that's certainly a large prison for not many prisoners! But it ran smooth as butter on my iMac.

Do you still get this? Can you test on a different machine?

Well that's certainly a large prison for not many prisoners! But it ran smooth as butter on my iMac.

Do you still get this? Can you test on a different machine?
Thats weird!

I installed Windows 11 on my "old" laptop, and then only installed Steam and Prison architect - and its lagging like crazy.
The laptop is the model - https://www.amazon.com/Dell-i7-8750H-GeForce-Display-Windows/dp/B07CTKVGQ5
So not the highend, but should still be sufficient to play PA.

Any more ideas?