• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now it's the time for Italy to fulfill her ambitions!

hoi33.jpg

Moving into Perpignan, and fighting along the French border

hoi34.jpg

The USA doesn't approve of Italys ambitions. The mountaineers moving into Bayonne unopposed. Heavy fighting along the border. I don't quite understand why the french leave their coast provinces undefended, but then again, have I ever understood the french?

hoi35yc.jpg

Our bombers are bombing the well-defended and fortified Briancon

hoi36p.jpg

In Spain, our african divisions are pushed back while the mechanized corps rush north

hoi38u.jpg

Some of our destroyers are caught off guard while rebasing to Barcelona and sunk by a superior battlefleet of the french navy

hoi39.jpg

I always use commanders, at least every fleet that is in action or supposed to be in the near future...

Some of your submarines in the screenshots do show no commander...

Mad Professor said:
The USA doesn't approve of Italys ambitions. The mountaineers moving into Bayonne unopposed. Heavy fighting along the border. I don't quite understand wy the french leave their coast provinces undefended, but then again, have I ever understood the french?

Even harder to understand is the attempt of their light tank division to attack into the mountains.

Some of your submarines in the screenshots do show no commander...

Even harder to understand is the attempt of their light tank division to attack into the mountains.

Ah, if you look very closely, you see they have names but not pictures. It is because some of the italian submarine-commanders are so shy they have rarely been seen on land... (skill 0)

June 21. 1940
In France, Germany plows it's way through the defences at an impressive speed, soon to be in Paris.

hoi310.jpg

Our armor and motorized units spreading out behind the french front

hoi311.jpg

Fench infantry and light armor pushing us down from the mountains... Our mountaineers in the west are pushing into France, if I had a little more forces here I probablyy could have surrounded the entire Pyrenees

hoi312.jpg

Nice AAR! Mare Nostrum is always a good idea to play as Italy. :D

The setback in the center is temporary, as the Germans are making good progress in the north and your own forces envelop the French corps on both flanks.

Assaulting The Rock, pretty hard rock...

hoi316.jpg

Landing in Corsica moving north, while some air combat is going on outside the coast...

hoi317.jpg

Those damn brits reinforce Gibraltar just before it breaks, fffffff...

hoi323.jpg

As there is no opposition in Egypt, our trrops advance against the Suez canal.

hoi324.jpg

More defeat around Gibraltar. I fear this may meen big trouble in the south, I just hope France soon collapses...

hoi326.jpg

In France, our motorized corps make exceptional progress and soon have the french forces in the pyrenees surrounded

hoi330.jpg

hoi332.jpg

As we complete the encerclement, the french have moved troops southwards and start counterattacking. Hopefully this weakens the front against the germans sufficiently to induce a collapse of the french defence

hoi334.jpg

Last edited:
Yeap, I wouldn't expect southern Spain to be secured again any time soon.

Yeap, I wouldn't expect southern Spain to be secured again any time soon.

yes, my bad. I should have based more quaility troops around Gibraltar. And bombers. Darn, now I have to fight half the british army overseas, i really hope for german support on this.

If you manage to destroy the British forces in Spain, you'll not have to fight them elsewhere, ie in Britain!

Spain should be easier to supply than Africa, maybe enough to make the superior number and quality of the Italian forces count.

If you manage to destroy the British forces in Spain, you'll not have to fight them elsewhere, ie in Britain!

Yes, that is the silver lining to that cloud.

As the british are advancing, we pull back and send reinforcements from the north.

hoi335.jpg

creating chaos in southern france...

hoi31y.jpg

The situation in southern Spain is worsening. My plan is to stop the british just south of Madrid, probably making them spread thin, and then make amphibious landings in the south capturing the ports - most importantly Gibraltar. In order to achieve this I will need at least temporary naval supremacy in the western mediterranean, something I do not have at this time... Basing fighters at Corsica and the Baleares will probably help.

hoi32.jpg

Finally, in the end of july, France surrenders and is split into two parts - one part in the north occupied by Germany and one part in the south controlled by the "Vichy-government". This will make the fight in Spain alot easier, maybe I can even expect some german support?

hoi33k.jpg

the USA disapproves - again...

hoi34j.jpg