• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Disaster at sea

4. July 1941

Disaster strikes as our battlefleet is ambushed by a sneaky british naval force several times our size

57495256.jpg

Three of our four battleships are sadly sunk to the bottom of the Mediterranean
38059680.jpg

In the east, massive forces arrive in Syria, to push for the Suez canal and keep the british away

22610517.jpg

Soon the Suez canal will be ours!

On the way south from Damascus, we easily brush aside inferior british armored forces, and we invade Cyprus to deny british use of the port and airfield on the island

36223744.jpg

Already 5-7 british divisions have surrendered in the battle for Egypt, now the rest of them are trapped.

51636212.jpg

In Spain, our changed focus westwards has proven a wise choice, so far. Two ports have been captured including Bilbao, one of the largest ports in Spain

83936978.jpg

Last edited:
As a tip in case you weren't already aware, to get the Suez Canal bonus you need to own more than just the Suez Canal. You'll have to take Saudi Arabia too.

As a tip in case you weren't already aware, to get the Suez Canal bonus you need to own more than just the Suez Canal. You'll have to take Saudi Arabia too.

Saudi Arabia? Really? so that means the canal is open for me unless the allies get them on their team or conquer them?

Your forces look unstoppable in both theatres. Your only worry is your decimated fleet.

The fleet is really in a sorry state at the moment, I have also lost lots of screens and a couple of heavy cruisers not shown in screenshots. Both aircraft carriers are still sailing though

Saudi Arabia? Really? so that means the canal is open for me unless the allies get them on their team or conquer them?

I was referring to the Suez Canal Strategic Effect. The actual Canal itself you can close to your enemies just by getting the province in Egypt. The Gibraltar Strategic Effect is similar, you can't just have Gibraltar, you also need control of the Spanish possessions on the African side.

I was referring to the Suez Canal Strategic Effect. The actual Canal itself you can close to your enemies just by getting the province in Egypt. The Gibraltar Strategic Effect is similar, you can't just have Gibraltar, you also need control of the Spanish possessions on the African side.

Ah, I see. What are the stragetic effects of that Stragetic Effect, y'know?

Ah, I see. What are the stragetic effects of that Stragetic Effect, y'know?
6% supply increase and 12% Leadership increase. You can look up the criteria in the "Strategic Effects" window which is activated by one of the icons bottom right of your screen. The Gibraltar effect is similar but lesser (+5% supplies, -5% supply consumption), but only needs Gib and Tanger to be axis controlled and you to own one or both of them. You won't be far off the "Control of the Med" and "Control of the Turkish Strait" effects, either.

6% supply increase and 12% Leadership increase. You can look up the criteria in the "Strategic Effects" window which is activated by one of the icons bottom right of your screen. The Gibraltar effect is similar but lesser (+5% supplies, -5% supply consumption), but only needs Gib and Tanger to be axis controlled and you to own one or both of them. You won't be far off the "Control of the Med" and "Control of the Turkish Strait" effects, either.

Nice!

Damn, losing those big ships is a real blow :(
You really have to close the med down and trap what the British have down there. Worse still, once you've done this, you might need to support Germany against Russia.

Closing the Mediterranean, finally

As our naval bombers approach the port of Malta, they are met by heavy AA fire. They spot a large number of warships, including one battleship being identified as the HMS Queen Elizabeth. Many of them seem damaged as they are being repaired when the bombers approach. When the bombers leave for airports in Sicily, smoke arises from the port as several ships have been hit. They are to return the next day...

hoi31g.jpg

Our carrierfleet clashes with a brithish carrierfleet guarding the entrance to the port of Malta.

hoi34d.jpg

In the middle east, we have finally closed the Suez canal for the british, and starting the hunt for the forces trapped on the Sinai peninsula. Our forces in Syria starts to move towards Iraq and the precious oilfields. While we don't need the amounts of oil found here, we can give them to the germans securing a steady supply of fuel to the mechanized forces in Soviet Russia.

hoi35n.jpg

While our sole remaining battleship and carrier group guarding the port of Malta securing no escape for the ships in the harbour, our invasion fleet is closing in.

hoi37.jpg

Malta is under italian control and the british ships are met by heavy fire from groups of ships waiting. Most of them manage to escape in the fog

hoi38.jpg

Europe, october 29. 1941

hoi311.jpg

Hopefully the British can be pushed out of Spain as they have been in North Africa. Good work!

Not sure when or if Germany will call her minions to arms. I do assume the the Russians do have troops on the Persian border?

Both the Turkish and Persian border is guarded with apx. one division in every province.
I will probably leave a weak corps in Iraq just to prevent being taken completely by surprise.