• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bit of a strange question.... Is it possible to play as Wales, like in Eu3?

Im pretty sure that at that time Wales was part of the GB empire. So unless there is a specific mechanic to let it leave the union, I doubt it will be able to do so.
On the other hand there should be some very capable Welsh units in the British OoB.

Though Id wait for Johan to confirm things. :)

I'm guessing that this will also serve as a testing ground for increasing the tactical element of warfare for the the main series (series here being used as a plural and referring to the entire Paradox line, minus Victoria and HoI, as they should be distinct in terms of combat). They're also experimenting with this in CK2 1.06. I wouldn't expect the main series to ever get nearly as nitty gritty as a focused, narrow game about a war (or series of wars, really), but I still think it'll be a good place to try out new ideas and see what works in the Clausewitz framework.

In any case, we need better combat in V2. Stat. There's no excuse for a WW1-era army being able to run around willy nilly behind enemy lines.

"March of the Eagels"?! I thought those would fly.
Well, several of the major nations has eagles as symbols, one way or another - France's has already been mentioned, the Holy Roman Empire/Austria has the Reichsadler, and Russia uses a double-headed eagle as a symbol.
- Every country playable, with eight major nations that can win on their own.
Hm... eight major nations... France and Britain is obvious, Russia seems highly likely. Austria and Prussia seems contenders. That leaves three spots open... Spain, the Ottoman Empire, (?)?

This might be very, very interesting!
I too wonder if you will use the hour system or the day system.

Im pretty sure that at that time Wales was part of the GB empire. So unless there is a specific mechanic to let it leave the union, I doubt it will be able to do so.
On the other hand there should be some very capable Welsh units in the British OoB.

Though Id wait for Johan to confirm things. :)

Yeah, I get what you mean. I was extremely happy when I discovered that I was able to play as Wales in Eu3 and it'd be awesome if that was possible in March of the Eagles.

Thanks for all of the information :)

You people who say that this game just became more interesting have clearly not even read about the original concept. They haven't really changed anything, just made it less complex.
I hope this game will be supported, updated and loved, so it won't have the faith of EU:Rome, though it's amazing with Epigoni.

You people who say that this game just became more interesting have clearly not even read about the original concept. They haven't really changed anything, just made it less complex.
I hope this game will be supported, updated and loved, so it won't have the faith of EU:Rome, though it's amazing with Epigoni.

+1. Searry spoke frankly.

Meh. Insofar as Europa Universalis games are concerned Europa Universalis 4 would be more interesting announcement.

Hm... eight major nations... France and Britain is obvious, Russia seems highly likely. Austria and Prussia seems contenders. That leaves three spots open... Spain, the Ottoman Empire, (?)?

I'm going to say, France, Britain, Russia, Prussia,Austria Spain, Sweden and Portugal.

Meh. Insofar as Europa Universalis games are concerned Europa Universalis 4 would be more interesting announcement.

They're still supporting EU3, though, working on a new beta patch for it. If/when EU4 does come, it probably won't be for a while. Also, they've already been working on this game for a while. I'm really looking forward to this, as it looks like an awesome concept.

Awesome, not as great as EU4 announcement would have been, BUT still awesome!

Anyway, sign me up for earliest alpha/beta, please?