• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zuckergußgebäck said:
So it works for you? You can play it more that 24 in-game hours?

I assumed that you were having errors upon loading the scenario up, not playing it. I'll see what I can do about the crash, then....

I suspect that there is some problem with the OOBs in the .inc files - problematically, it is almost impossible to say which one.

I suggest that you remove all of the major powers' OOBs (pasting them somewhere else) and test it.

If there is still a crash, do the same for all the other countries.

If there is still a crash, even with no units on the game map, then the problem is evidently something else.

If descriptions can be put in for the March 1918 scenario, then this might do for Britain:

War was greeted with great enthusiasm by the British people, who responded to Kitchener's call for volunteers in their millions. The British Expeditionary Force was despatched to the continent in August 1914, and played a significant part in blunting the initial German thrust through Belgium and France, before securing the channel ports in the 'race to the sea' and the First Battle of Ypres. Territorial units supplemented the exhausted regulars in France throughout 1915, as the British acted in cooperation with the French in trying unsuccessfully to eject the German Army from France. In an attempt to avoid the stalemate on the Western Front, First Lord of the Admiralty Winston Churchill inspired an attack on the Dardanelles, but lack of coordination, planning and organisation condemned the Gallipoli campaign to ultimate failure in January 1916. On the Western Front, Sir John French was replaced by the dour but determined Sir Douglas Haig in command of the BEF, and a plan to breakthrough the German front line with Kitchener's 'New Armies' at the Somme was set for late summer. However, the battle was pre-empted by the German offensive at Verdun, which reduced the role of the French in the upcoming Somme offensive, and switched the emphasis from breakthrough to attrition. The five-month long battle of the Somme cost the BEF 420,000 casualties, but horrendous damage was inflicted on the German Army, and hitherto inexperienced British units began to ascend a steep learning curve. Elsewhere, British units languished in Salonika, a force was forced to surrender at Kut in Mesopotamia, an army moved painstakingly across the Sinai Desert and Germany's African colonies were seized, although Colonel von Lettow-Vorbeck remained at large. At sea, the British and German fleets clashed at Jutland – Jellicoe won the battle and retained command of the world's oceans, but the public were disappointed that a Nelsonian victory had not been secured. Equally disappointed with the outcome of the battle, the Germans opted for a renewal of unrestricted submarine warfare, a policy that brought the United States into the war in April 1917. By now, David Lloyd George had become Prime Minister and gave an added impetus to the British war effort. Appalled by Haig's policy of attrition, Lloyd George sought to undermine both the BEF Commander-in-Chief and General Robertson, the Chief of the Imperial General Staff, by advocating an 'Eastern' policy as opposed to their 'Western' strategy. Whilst Haig continued to grind down the Germans in Flanders with some degree of success, Lloyd George gave greater emphasis to peripheral theatres, hoping that US military manpower would win the war in 1920. The collapse of the Italian Army at Caporetto gave the Prime Minister the opportunity to remove units from Haig's command and send them to Italy, whilst an injection of life into the Egyptian Expeditionary Force paid dividends – Jerusalem was captured by Christmas 1917. However, political-military quarrels continued. In February 1918, Lloyd George removed Robertson from his post, and cut off Haig's supply of reinforcements, lying to the House of Commons in the process. The descent of Russia into Bolshevik revolution allowed Germany to bring numerous divisions from the Eastern Front to the Western Front – now under strength, Haig's BEF prepares to take the brunt of the impending German storm.

As requested by Allenby, i have deleted Wilhelm VI's obnoxious posts... Wilhelm, take this as a not-so-subtle hint: you are annoying many people by asking the same questions over and over, i strongly urge you to be patient, because i'm starting to lose my own patience with you...

If you do not stop, i will delete any new posts you make about the same issues, and will have to take administrative measures.

gzav - HoI mod

Zuckergußgebäck said:
The biggest bugs are usually created by the smallest errors
- Old modders saying

Very wise.

Don't forget to assign leaders to their formations, Kenny. If there are doubts as to which IDs you should use, or if there are leaders referred to in the OOBs who don't appear on any leader lists, then ask. :)

Yes, however, i saved it for the last...

I just have the Greek-Bulgarian OOB left, then I´ll move on to leaders.

Anyone who has an idea of the cabinets?

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Well...

Cabinets, anyone?

Kenny, I was intending to write the cabinets into the .inc files myself, but if you are willing to do this, then I shall not stop you. I'll get round to posting who should be in what governmental position over the next few days... :)

OK, we´re nearing completion, a few more tweaks and it should work just fine (apart from very screwed up AI...)

Should USA control Haiti as a puppet? Or even own it?
Drew, Cabinets please
Convoys?