• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Camara

General
94 Badges
Dec 28, 2008
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
The Map as of 23th January 2011 version

91922299975188267787.png

Currently:

709 land provinces
127 sea provinces

This thread is for discussing the map. Province related things (resources, population ,etc) are also meant to be discussed here.

Last edited:
Map Bugs/Not WAD

- The infamous "Max province magic number that screws borders" bug. After province ID 510 land provinces has always red (national) borders and all sea provinces' borders are invisible.

Last edited:
"I like that suggestion" list and/or "Coming next" list

- The PTI is now sort of like I wanted, so what's next is probably add more provinces, although I don't have a reason for it now
- Possibly more provinces when I go back in time

Last edited:
i suggest that you make tibet barbarians provinces, exception to some tibetian city states in the middle of the barbarian provinces, arabia should be completely barbarianised provinces. instead of sweden include the cimbri barbarians in the dannish lands and i would like to see those things first before an expansion into russia :cool:

I would certainly like to see Tibet and Arabia as barbarian provinces. I hate black in the middle of my maps :)

I also don't like the black stuff on the middle of my empire. I want to include them, I just fear in Tibet's case that Maurya and Qin will colonise it too early.

I think I'll rework India too. I found an awesome map that allows me to make as much indian provinces as I want namewise.

I'm also thinking in including something south of Carthage. Mauri, Gaetuli, Musulamii, Garamantes?

Also, I want to split Greece and Sicily and likely Asia Minor in more provinces. I'm thinking in going back in time and those places need more provinces.

Generally I prefer to make map changes at once, as per map change I have to renumber all sea provinces.

For Tibet, you could simply make the barbarian provinces a different cultural group, low in resources and high in barbarians to discourage early colonisation.

More of northern Africa would be good if you could fit it in, but I'd much rather you chopped out that whole swathe of central African blackness you've included.

Could you maybe make non-permanent Terra Incognita like in EU3 to cover provinces countries shouldn't necessarily know about? It bothers me that, playing as Rome, I know EXACTLY who's at war with who in Korea.

Could you maybe make non-permanent Terra Incognita like in EU3 to cover provinces countries shouldn't necessarily know about? It bothers me that, playing as Rome, I know EXACTLY who's at war with who in Korea.

I think it's impossible as Eu:Rome lacks that mechanic

I would like to say that personally I think most of inner Arabia should remain PTI, unless there is something there that deserves to be included, even if the provinces are practically worthless it won't stop the ai and they will be too significant strategically. And we really do not want, as an example, the Seleucids invade Saba through the interior of Arabia. Just my opinion.

And I'm not sure about including more of Sweden, maybe after adding more Germanic tribes, but at the moment it really is too far away for it to be much gained in adding it (as there really isn't much reason to add the local tribes as playable countries).

Tibet was added and India was reworked.

Next changes: Persia will be reworked to make the ugly provinces go away, Sweden, "something north of Rhoxolani", Garamantes and inner Arabia are in my plans.

Tibet was added and India was reworked.

Next changes: Persia will be reworked to make the ugly provinces go away, Sweden, "something north of Rhoxolani", Garamantes and inner Arabia are in my plans.

while your at it their were some mods imperium they made crete bigger split it up mabey make it a 2 province island with 2 countrys on it or make it 2 thats owned by crete? then theirs Syracuse they split it into like 4 mabey split it into four and have 2 owned by carthage and 2 by syracuse.
also add in new resources to asia mabey more wood in that area or on the african coast so building a fleet on that side of the world isnt all about conquering india where most of the wood is.....also mabey you should add in resources to asia that are not found in the Mediterranean and some in the Mediterranean not found in asia to make expansion that way more profitable than just leaving it the same.......and mabey add in countrys from the Epigoni mod below cartage in someparts and numidia to add in somemore empires.....

Last edited:
while your at it their were some mods imperium they made crete bigger split it up mabey make it a 2 province island with 2 countrys on it or make it 2 thats owned by crete? then theirs Syracuse they split it into like 4 mabey split it into four and have 2 owned by carthage and 2 by syracuse.
also add in new resources to asia mabey more wood in that area or on the african coast so building a fleet on that side of the world isnt all about conquering india where most of the wood is.....also mabey you should add in resources to asia that are not found in the Mediterranean and some in the Mediterranean not found in asia to make expansion that way more profitable than just leaving it the same.......and mabey add in countrys from the Epigoni mod below cartage in someparts and numidia to add in somemore empires.....

Hi. I didn't work with Europe yet, but I plan to do it sometime. I want to split Sicily in more provinces, as well as adding more provinces and countries. I also plan to inclue the Garamantes, so yes more stuff south of Carthage.
About the resources, I have to see how to do that but I want to include more, like silk for example, and possibly chinaware.

Thank you for your suggestions.

i was playing the mod again and i noticed something inda's county is the largest becasue of all the mini provinces the Game would probualy load faster if u took 3 of the smallest ones out and replace them with a big one in india until their area average sized and lagre ones only becasue the mini ones are harder to move troops into mabey that and then thats a big help when conquering india also becasue theirs so many provinces it take for ever

i was playing the mod again and i noticed something inda's county is the largest becasue of all the mini provinces the Game would probualy load faster if u took 3 of the smallest ones out and replace them with a big one in india until their area average sized and lagre ones only becasue the mini ones are harder to move troops into mabey that and then thats a big help when conquering india also becasue theirs so many provinces it take for ever

With the projection I used India looks smaller than it is. In the last update I actually made India have more provinces because that way a post-Maurya game will be much more fun, as well as conquering India. Also, the Maurya Empire is supposed to be very big, and most of the new provinces doesn't give it manpower as they are wrong culture.

With the projection I used India looks smaller than it is. In the last update I actually made India have more provinces because that way a post-Maurya game will be much more fun, as well as conquering India. Also, the Maurya Empire is supposed to be very big, and most of the new provinces doesn't give it manpower as they are wrong culture.
i didnt notice that lol...

you need to add Byzantium aka Constantinople to the game as a province take some space from britannia and the province that makes the strait troops can pass over 2 to get to Macedonia.....add in a province that controlling would be interesting owning land in 2 areas

sorry about my late reply was busy....but the city it self is located on where "Brithynia and thracia" meet so it would be located im guessing some where on both sides of the strait but idk how that would work has a province been split across a strait before but if you decide to put it in your mod would have a record of the 1st province to do that....