• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A province can be divided by the sea but that makes the sea useless as troops can march through the sea like it didn't exist, so a Byzantium province would be just on the "european" side.

i guess u have a point so do any chance of an update of adding in that province and mabey to do something differend have 2 of them their but do like byzantium east/west or superior/infiror possibly idk but its your mod lets see how u decide to do it....

High Attrition for Tibet and Arabia

I would suggest to make high attrition to Tibet, Arabia, Africa and interior Russia. Instead of as normal 5% attrition for troop should make 50% attrition due to unfit condition for colonization.

To reduce troop attrition may use techology level. The higher techology level will lower the attrition.

As a Han (HGU) state player, I been racing with Maruya and Kuninda for colonizing Tibet. This is to prevent Maruya and kuninda to access horse:wacko:

I would suggest to make high attrition to Tibet, Arabia, Africa and interior Russia. Instead of as normal 5% attrition for troop should make 50% attrition due to unfit condition for colonization.

To reduce troop attrition may use techology level. The higher techology level will lower the attrition.

As a Han (HGU) state player, I been racing with Maruya and Kuninda for colonizing Tibet. This is to prevent Maruya and kuninda to access horse:wacko:

I'm thinking in giving those provinces a penalty for population growth, so that they may colonise the first province, but it will take years to grow to 10 population. I'm not sure how to mod attrition yet, but I'll add it too.

Open up sea lanes for South China Sea and Strait of Malacca
I would like to suggest to open up sea lanes for South China Sea and Strait of Malacca. That will link up the sea trade route between China and India

Open up sea lanes for South China Sea and Strait of Malacca
I would like to suggest to open up sea lanes for South China Sea and Strait of Malacca. That will link up the sea trade route between China and India

I'm not sure if I want Egypt trading with Japan, I guess I'll keep this system as no trade naval range exists... yet.

May I ask how the map works without the colormap_hires bitmap? I thought it's required..?

It's a pity EUR doesn't have range modifier like EU3 in colonising so you could limit sea trade with that..

May I ask how the map works without the colormap_hires bitmap? I thought it's required..?

It's a pity EUR doesn't have range modifier like EU3 in colonising so you could limit sea trade with that..

The colormap_hires is there: it is the vanilla one. That's why the textures is messed up. It works fine as my map is the same size of vanilla's.

Thanks! Best news today if I don't need to try making one to get the map working :D

if you cant limit trade mabey u could make trade with far off places in the far east less profitable
and to make it worth while to expand that way add in a new modifier "Silk road" where theirs a trail of provinces on the historical silk road that can trade adjacently to other provinces along the silk road or something just an idea :D

There is no distance modifier so making it less profitable is just as hard as making it impossible. Only way I can think of would be having every possible province combination written down and if they're too far from eachother there would be penalty but I don't know does this game even have local_trade_income modifier..

if you cant limit trade mabey u could make trade with far off places in the far east less profitable
and to make it worth while to expand that way add in a new modifier "Silk road" where theirs a trail of provinces on the historical silk road that can trade adjacently to other provinces along the silk road or something just an idea :D

Currently it's possible to trade with China from Europe if you ask trade rights as horses work like roads. So the roads of the achaemind empire and the string of horse provinces in central asia allow you to trade with it.