• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
The theme of today's map teaser is local patriotism, which is now at least 116% more local.

nc5et2C.png

Reactions:
I spy
With my little eye
All sorts of new provinces in a country that starts with "I"

Reactions:
cool, is Malta Sicilian too? kinda looks like it is, nice to see an area that was a little simple culturally made more complex

Swiss is nice as well, I assume they are still part of the Germanic group

Reactions:
Nice map improvements indeed.
However, hope they made Bosnia´s culture Croatian & Serbian, not just Serbian.
Give the lower ´hercegovina´ provinces Croatian culture.

Also, I hope we see more provinces & decisions in the Balkans.

Reactions:
Lets see, I see new provinces in Umbria and Ancona, with Urbino now confined to a much more historical size. Montferrat is there, but it seems to be part of Milan (perhaps as an independent state it hasn't been implemented yet). Lombardy, Liguria, and Sardinia are all split in two; Florence looks to be split as well, but it's hard to see under the units - which are blocking whether we have Lucca or not (wait, that white shield unit - what is it?). Looks like several new provinces in south Italy: Calabria, Naples, and Bari are split if I'm not mistaken.

Is Tirol split? Hard to tell being all gray...

Oh, and I believe I see a north-south split in Macedonia as well!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Finally Vaud and Wallis were made swiss instead of burgundian (which made zero sense imo).

Reactions:
It is kinda hard to see new provinces on this map mode, sigh ...

Can somebody please take that picture and trace all the province lanes in a thick black?

And then put a picture up of the current map next to it.

And do it quickly.

Reactions:
Nicely done with Italian cultures, this was much needed.

However, I don't like the "Swiss" culture at all. It was suggested on this forum either Swabian or Alemannic, both much better than Swiss. Also, Vaud and Valais (French-speaking Switzerland) should not be of the same culture. I would argue that Savoie, Vaud, Valais, Lyonnais and Dauphiné should be of the same culture: Arpitan or Franco-provençal, in the French culture group. Occitan is more accurate for Provence, Avignon and Languedoc.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francoprovençal#/media/File:Arpitan_francoprovencal_map.jpg

Franco-Provençal (Francoprovençal), Arpitan, or Romand (in Switzerland) (Vernacular: francoprovençâl, arpetan, patouès; Italian: francoprovenzale, arpitano; French: francoprovençal, arpitan, patois) is a Gallo-Romance language spoken in east-central France, western Switzerland, northwestern Italy, and in enclaves in the Province of Foggia in Apulia, Italy. Franco-Provençal has several distinct dialects and is separate from but closely related to neighboring Romance languages: Oïl languages, Occitan, Gallo-Italian, and Romansh. The name Franco-Provençal was given to the language by G.I. Ascoli in the 19th century because it shared features with French and Provençal without belonging to either. Arpitan, a neologism, is becoming a popular name for the language and the people who speak it.[5]

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nice map improvements indeed.
However, hope they made Bosnia´s culture Croatian & Serbian, not just Serbian.
Give the lower ´hercegovina´ provinces Croatian culture.

Also, I hope we see more provinces & decisions in the Balkans.

The culture name "Croatian" definitely covers part of Bosnia, so it looks like their culture will be split.

Reactions:
Still no Ticino province? Well, whatever, I'm reall happ Italy is receiving some love, Umbria and Marche are now Papal provinces, we've got Lucca and probably a releasble Monferrato, but this map can be so much better with some more additions. For instance, there should be an impassable area between Venice and Austria, with a chokepoint in Trent, and the latter is owned by the archbisphoric of the same name, and it should be a vassal/allied with Austria. Also, the province of Romagna should be split in two, the newer province should be called Emilia with capital in Bologna and owned by the namesake city, and it should a vassal of the Papal state.

Also, you should probably call the Romagnan culture Emilian, since there's only one province in that group that is actually Romagnan.

Reactions:
No Corsican culture, 0/10 Paradox hates Corsicans.

(again, I kid)

edit: wait, Swiss culture? Interesting.

Reactions:
Looking at it closely, I do believe we indeed have a Tirol split, and a 3-way Florence split: Lucca, Florence, and Unnamed Eastern Tuscan Province (I'm certain that will be its name!)

And, lol. I've been looking so closely at the map that I was missing the big freakin' "LUCCA" at the top as the nation being played! Missing the forest for the trees! :D