• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To be honest I dont even know who to belive some people say its Lvov some say its Lviv and it doesnt help that both sides are slavic and lived there since the beginning.
Lets compromise and call it Lemberg.
8YahOJf.gif

haha, I predicted cosmopolitan would be changed with another culture when I noticed Ile de france was named "Paris"... for some reason
I am actually sad to see Ile de France switched to Paris.

Reactions:
Trent is not Italian culture now
Hahahahano. Trento is pretty much an Italian city, as is Trentino as a whole - and, to be precise, it has been Romance since, well, Roman times. Bozen, on the other hand, has been German for a long time, together with Sudtirol. The problem being, the current province contains Trentino and but some scraps of Sudtirol - to the point that the culture there should be overwhelmingly Italian (Venetian, to be precise, which is an approximation but it works).

Reactions:
It also makes player-controlled Brittany stronger.

Not necessarily, I'm playing a Brittany game at the moment and didn't want to take any provinces that France has a core on (as this is suicide, at least early on), but rather expanded into Cornwall and Ireland early on (so that I could get big enough for France not to get the vassalisation mission on me), then built a huge colonial empire. France is much more likely to be eyeing up my provinces if they're in the same culture group though, no? Obviously Brittany's +50% coring cost NI, combined with +100% from Aristocracy helps to keep France "honest", but even in my current game, it's sometimes been quite a struggle to keep the BBB uninterested in my provinces.

Reactions:
Or they could have given as a reward for conquering Brittany the acceptance of Breton culture so that the AI doesn`t convert it any longer.
Not under current mechanics, since Breton isn't 10% of the hexagon's base tax and France doesn't have any acceptance improvement ideas.

Now, I wouldn't object to the cultural acceptance mechanics being revised, but right now, they are what they are.

Reactions:
Not under current mechanics, since Breton isn't 10% of the hexagon's base tax and France doesn't have any acceptance improvement ideas.

Now, I wouldn't object to the cultural acceptance mechanics being revised, but right now, they are what they are.
I`m talking about the mission itself that France gets to annex Brittany, as a reward it can get Breton as accepted.

I don`t think that is too hard.

As pointed by others, Trento was Italian not German.

I`m talking about the mission itself that France gets to annex Brittany, as a reward it can get Breton as accepted.

I don`t think that is too hard.

As pointed by others, Trento was Italian not German.
What he means is that it will be lost again instantly. To become accepted you need to make out something like 15% of the base tax; to stop being accepted the percentage needs to go under something like 10%.

What he means is that it will be lost again instantly. To become accepted you need to make out something like 15% of the base tax; to stop being accepted the percentage needs to go under something like 10%.
Aaaaa....I understand.Thanks for clearing that up.

So it can`t be changed by playing a bit with the files ?

This is not true, there is an 'add_accepted_culture' modifier that I guess could be used for this (admittedly I'm not the best modder so I dunno exactly but I know it's there)

This is not true, there is an 'add_accepted_culture' modifier that I guess could be used for this (admittedly I'm not the best modder so I dunno exactly but I know it's there)

Yes, and if you use that it doesn't exempt you from the normal rules for losing accepted cultures. Even if you add it by event, it'll still be lost if Brittany's base tax is under the accepted culture threshold.

So maybe we can change the limit for maintaining a culture as accepted to...say 5% that would be enough to keep Breton as accepted I suppose.

I know it`s a general mechanic that applies to all countries.
It likely wouldn't stay above even 5% for long.

2% than....they aren`t getting rid of my Celtic Bretons :p
Even 2% they can easily get below. You have to remember that once they are conquered the amount of Breton provinces will be fixed; and they aren't rich in the first place. So France doesn't have to colonize/pound into Germany/Italy much before Breton becomes ignorable.

Even 2% they can easily get below. You have to remember that once they are conquered the amount of Breton provinces will be fixed; and they aren't rich in the first place. So France doesn't have to colonize/pound into Germany/Italy much before Breton becomes ignorable.
Well yeah....a human controlled France....I don`t think a AI France can do it, can it ?

To be honest France can get almost as much taxes as an unified HRE, even more if HRE lacks Italian lands and France has some of the South Netherlands/Belgium.

Last edited: