• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We couldn't find a better name other than Lower Saxon and it's too unwieldy.

Reactions:
I see cultures are still crap with no west slavs aside Poles and Czechs

yet Belorussians ,Latvians ,Estonians exist as separate ethnicity

The biggest bs with Sami/ Karels being in western tech

Are you saying those primitive hunter gatherers living in desolate cold places were more advanced than Russia Hungary or Poland ?

All those should be moved to eastern tech along with Livonia and Estonia and Finland

srsly

Last edited:
Reactions:
Holstein being Westphalian?

What kind of HERESY is this?

HeresyStamp.png

Reactions:
I see cultures are still crap with no west slavs aside poles and czechs

The biggest bs with sami/ karels being in western tech

are you saying those primitive hunter gatherers living in desolate cold places were more advanced than Russia Hungary or Poland

those should be moved to eastern tech along with Livonia and Estonia and Finland as-well

srsly
MIng's tech penalties look ridiculous compared to this.

Reactions:

are you saying those primitive hunter gatherers living in desolate cold places were more advanced than Russia Hungary or Poland

those should be moved to eastern tech along with Livonia and Estonia and Finland as-well

srsly

If they gain independence from Sweden, shouldn't they be western? They're just tags, they don't start independent.

Reactions:
Please get rid of that "Swiss" culture in Vaud and Wallis. They're not yet part of Switzerland in 1444.

It makes sense in Victoria 2, as a way to represent a common national identity despite linguistic and cultural differences but in 1444 it's completely anachronistic. It's like making Alsace French or Kazan Russian.

If you really want to railroad Switzerland into conquering Vaud and Wallis just give them missions or make them historical rival with Savoy.

Reactions:
What's up with Wales? I see no new provinces up there.

BTW, why is Brittany not in Celtic culture group anymore?
I was actually referring to that, wales and cornwall now are all welsh and in a different culture group than breton

By that logic, shouldn't welsh be part of the British culture group? They are in the same boat as Basque and Breton, just getting converted and then ignored for the rest of the game. They were an integral part of England (and then the UK) whilst still maintaining a cultural identity, there were even welsh members of parliament by the 16th century.

I'd say that historically, Wales WAS culture-converted to English. More recently the Welsh have been trying to revive their culture, which wasn't entirely lost, but which suffered immensely in the EU period.

Even today it hasn't really recovered. In the recent election, UKIP got more of the popular vote than Plaid Cymru. That says something about national sentiment.

Reactions:

srsly

LOL, I did not notice that Sami raindeer hunters are western tech. I wonder if they got siberian clan council government.

And that abundance of Prussian culture is tiring but who cares. Anyway, since language is supposedly less and less important, I guess that Polish and Prussian could/should be in the same culture group ...

Reactions:
Cette horreur qu'était la culture cosmopolitaine a enfin disparu. Béni soit Paradox. Yeah, I'm saying it in french, because there is no other way to tell my relief as this was such a nonsense of a culture.

The only sad thing about this expansion is that it is not released yet.

Reactions:
It only makes France stronger.
I actually disagree. Previously, as they are unaccepted, it just costs France a couple hundred diplo-points to culture convert it and make the region stable for the rest of the game. Now that they're in the culture group, they wont be converted by the AI, and thus revolts are possible. It also makes the Brittany cores last that much longer, which means fracturing France later on is still possible.

If anything it's a pseudo-nerf.

On-topic: Glad there's more provinces in the Vanilla game, can't wait till the rest of Western Europe gets the knife (chop chop chop!). Definitely looking forward to this version of the game, can't wait!

Reactions:
Please get rid of that "Swiss" culture in Vaud and Wallis. They're not yet part of Switzerland in 1444.

It makes sense in Victoria 2, as a way to represent a common national identity despite linguistic and cultural differences but in 1444 it's completely anachronistic. It's like making Alsace French or Kazan Russian.

If you really want to railroad Switzerland into conquering Vaud and Wallis just give them missions or make them historical rival with Savoy.
Hell, Switzerland already has cores on both Vaud and Wallis.

Reactions:
Some provinces in Ruthenia should be Polish, dispersed like Greek colonies. That said nothing is black and white. Language might not be the decisive factor, but it still counts.

Why would they? A few generic Ruthenian cities being populated by majority of Poles (at certain periods of time) don't make those provinces Polish. Especially when countryside was populated by the vast majority of Ruthenians.
Secondly, at 1444 there was no way that Poles were in majority of Lviv, for example.

Reactions:
We're moving away from language = culture, in other terms of culture the Bretons were much closer to France than Ireland, and having them be forever nonaccepted (and thus culture-converted) by France every game is undesirable. Same reason we put Basque in the Iberian group.

If this is true shouldn't Hungarian be put back in the West Slavic group?

Reactions:
Why would they? A few generic Ruthenian cities being populated by majority of Poles (at certain periods of time) don't make those provinces Polish. Especially when countryside was populated by the vast majority of Ruthenians.
Secondly, at 1444 there was no way that Poles were in majority of Lviv, for example.
Just look at the map of religions of plc and stop with your hurr durri it was always ruthenian lands

Why should Ireland get new provinces? If Ireland should have more provinces, France could be doubled in amount of provinces. Besides how much did the borders change i Ireland during the timeframe? I know that there existed several clans and petty kings, but can Ireland in economy, population and importance, really justify several new provinces and tags, instead of just keeping the English territory at Meath, and the four most known petty kingdoms? Ireland and Scotland already have quite a lot of provinces and a quite high base tax.
Ireland's population throughout the period was approximately half that of England, and greater than Scotland's. The most powerful political entities in Ireland in 1444 (the earldoms of Kildare and Desmond) aren't even on the map. So yes, Ireland's map should be changed. Nobody's asking for the likes of the O'Malleys to be added.

Reactions: