• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still see no Isle of Man... :(

British Isles, France, Scandinavia, Lithuania and Russia were outside the scope of the map changes this time around.

Reactions:
We're moving away from language = culture, in other terms of culture the Bretons were much closer to France than Ireland, and having them be forever nonaccepted (and thus culture-converted) by France every game is undesirable. Same reason we put Basque in the Iberian group.
That's good, gameplay should be foremost important. Culture mechanics need a rework in general, but I'm sure you know that already.

Bonus shot of some new revolter tags:
9In7vdL.png
Hurray for Estonia and especially for Livonia. Hip hip hurray!

It only makes France stronger.
Does it really matter if they are just that one tiny bit stronger?

Reactions:
But if Karelia can can exist with only one( or actuallly 2?) province in game can wee see a slovenia in Gorizia and Krain and Slovacia/Nyitra in Pozsony Szepes and the new province added. I feel worth nothing that this isn't a request just a suggestion, and i will look forward if it will be implemented in future patches.

Last edited:
Reactions:
We based German cultures on the imperial circles with some abstractions/extensions. No cultural setup is going to be perfect.

yeah everyone can cry about there culture but there is no culture shifted and weirdness liek in the german culture grupe still its as much as you can expect on this scale more would be just too much

Maybe Hessian could be renamed to "Rhenish" or something? It now seems to be largely centered around the Rhineland instead of Hesse. Also there was no Hessian circle, there were the "Kurrheinische Kreis" (Electoral Rhenish Circle) and the "Oberrheinischer Kreis" (Upper Rhenish Circle, including Hesse)

Reactions:
Is Calais Flemish? Should it be!?

Baden is now swabian? The end of world is finally here.

Reactions:
We're moving away from language = culture, in other terms of culture the Bretons were much closer to France than Ireland, and having them be forever nonaccepted (and thus culture-converted) by France every game is undesirable. Same reason we put Basque in the Iberian group.

And this is why the magyar group exists, right?

Reactions:
British Isles, France, Scandinavia, Lithuania and Russia were outside the scope of the map changes this time around.
At least we know, that's much appreciated. But does that also mean you're predicting another DLC in the foreseeable future that will involve changes in mentioned regions? Could you shed some light? Not that I'm bored with Common Sense, just curious :p.

And as someone mentioned, would be really cool if you could add Slovakia tag. I think it would add a lot more depth in the region between Poland and Hungary and eastern border of HRE.

Reactions:
At least we know, that's much appreciated. But does that also mean you're predicting another DLC in the foreseeable future that will involve changes in mentioned regions? Could you shed some light? Not that I'm bored with Common Sense, just curious :p.

And as someone mentioned, would be really cool if you could add Slovakia tag. I think it would add a lot more depth in the region between Poland and Hungary and eastern border of HRE.
They will release three or more major patch a year, so we can expect more and more provinces and cultures everywhere.

When will we get lower acceptance threshold for same-group cultures?

Reactions:

Following your logics, Ruthenian and Belarussian cultures should be closer to Polish culture group rather than to Russian in EU4 timeframe. How are you going to deal with this sort of nuances?

Reactions:
Following your logics, Ruthenian and Belarussian cultures should be closer to Polish culture group rather than to Russian in EU4 timeframe. How are you going to deal with this sort of nuances?
They are not. They made a change and are too busy patting themselves on the shoulder to listen to such concerns.

Isn't its population still partly Dutch today?

Was it mostly dutch in 1444?

Reactions:
Vxrj2r8.jpg

I attempted to break down the province changes I could find whilst also showing the new cultures, I probably missed a few things here and there. Sorry about the Orange text on orange background, its just I'm too lazy to go back and change that.

I welcome the new Swiss culture, it mightn't be all too accurate but I will make for a better switzerland.

Reactions: