• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BTW, why is Brittany not in Celtic culture group anymore?

Probably for the same reason Scottish is in the British group. They've spent centuries slowly absorbing French culture, are in the French sphere of influence, and use basically the same political structure that France does (as opposed to the more clan-based structure of the Irish and Welsh). They're definitely not "Francien", but they're definitely culturally similar enough to be in the same group.

Also, balance reasons :p.

Reactions:
Vaud and Wallis being German makes no sense. Montferrat being Milanese makes no sense. Savoie being Piedmontese makes no sense. Trent being Austrian makes no sense.

If you have to overhaul a region, at least do it well.

Reactions:
Why has Breton been changed to the French group?

We're moving away from language = culture, in other terms of culture the Bretons were much closer to France than Ireland, and having them be forever nonaccepted (and thus culture-converted) by France every game is undesirable. Same reason we put Basque in the Iberian group.

Reactions:
Bonus shot of some new revolter tags:
9In7vdL.png

Reactions:
Probably for the same reason Scottish is in the British group. They've spent centuries slowly absorbing French culture, are in the French sphere of influence, and use basically the same political structure that France does (as opposed to the more clan-based structure of the Irish and Welsh). They're definitely not "Francien", but they're definitely culturally similar enough to be in the same group.

Also, balance reasons :p.

It only makes France stronger.

Reactions:
Is Calais in an individual minor culture group? I can't tell if its a different shade of orange to the Flemish next door if if its just the red borders on orange tripping my eyes out. Anyway, looks good!

We're moving away from language = culture, in other terms of culture the Bretons were much closer to France than Ireland, and having them be forever nonaccepted (and thus culture-converted) by France every game is undesirable. Same reason we put Basque in the Iberian group.
That does make sense. But then shouldn't the west Finno-Ugric cultures much closer to Scandinavian than to Uralic?

Also, thanks for Sapmi. This makes me happy.

Reactions:
Why should Ireland get new provinces? If Ireland should have more provinces, France could be doubled in amount of provinces. Besides how much did the borders change i Ireland during the timeframe? I know that there existed several clans and petty kings, but can Ireland in economy, population and importance, really justify several new provinces and tags, instead of just keeping the English territory at Meath, and the four most known petty kingdoms? Ireland and Scotland already have quite a lot of provinces and a quite high base tax.

On thread. Looks great with the new cultures. Breton in French group is a good thing IMHO, just like with Basque in the Iberian. Swiss in French parts of modern Switzerland is perhaps wrong, but good for balance, and the eventual incorporation into Switzerland.

Btw, Wiz please post so we can see tags, borders and province names. :)

Reactions: