• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not good in drawing Maps, but there is definitly a need to change Hungary-s provinces:

(I just send you some real maps from 1000 to 2000)

11th century:
hungmap1.gif

Map of Hungary in the 13th century (with the Tartar Invasion, 1241 ):
hu13.gif

15th century:
hu15.gif

Map of Hungary during the Turkish (Ottoman) occupation, 1526-1606. :
http://historicaltextarchive.com/hungary/hutor1.gif

1880 or so: ( I think it's the best when in the game we use this one, also easier to make it)
800px-Historic_counties_of_Hungary.png

map8.gif

Changes becouse of the Treaty of Trianon:
800px-%C3%96sterreich-Ungarns_Ende.png

In WW2:
Hungary_map.png

Jayavarman said:
Furthermore, such conquest is fundamentally obscene.

If you think that, perhaps you should stay away from strategy games/wargames.

Not trying to insult you, but frankly I don't understand why anyone with that point of view would play strategy games.

Not that there's any requirement that I understand your motivations, or that you need to explain them or justify them to me.

Registered said:
Ja, but the objective was to reduce the amount of provinces in Siberia, creating extra provinces would not help in that regard.
I agree the Urals should not be PTI, they hsould be extremely large provinces instead. (with horroible movement penalties, these are mountains after all.
Sorry for late answer:

NO!

Ahem: no less number in provinces, Much more please.
Think of it: It WAS hard for Russia to gain so many land, and thats good so. The mass of lands is one of the things why Russia is hard to defeat, and was partly the problem what napoleon had. (besides the Winter)

jorian said:
Sorry for late answer:

NO!

Ahem: no less number in provinces, Much more please.
Think of it: It WAS hard for Russia to gain so many land, and thats good so. The mass of lands is one of the things why Russia is hard to defeat, and was partly the problem what napoleon had. (besides the Winter)
If we had infinite provinces sure. But we do not. I would much rather see an increase in provinces in The far east or Europe then in Siberia.
Siberia did not affect Napoleon one bit, he never got near it.

Registered said:
If we had infinite provinces sure. But we do not. I would much rather see an increase in provinces in The far east or Europe then in Siberia.
Siberia did not affect Napoleon one bit, he never got near it.
Don't worry about Napoleon feelings in Russia, he will probably not appear in EUIII ;)

DPS said:
If you think that, perhaps you should stay away from strategy games/wargames.

Not trying to insult you, but frankly I don't understand why anyone with that point of view would play strategy games.

Not that there's any requirement that I understand your motivations, or that you need to explain them or justify them to me.
:confused:

I believe his point is that such a conquest borders on impossible from a logistical point of view. Even in modern times, Southeast Asia is notorious for being difficult to traverse. Not even China could have projected the necessary power to conquer it all, so why would anyone else be able to in the 1453-1750 period?

Paterson said:
Don't worry about Napoleon feelings in Russia, he will probably not appear in EUIII ;)

But Charles XII will....

Calanctus said:
:confused:

I believe his point is that such a conquest borders on impossible from a logistical point of view. Even in modern times, Southeast Asia is notorious for being difficult to traverse. Not even China could have projected the necessary power to conquer it all, so why would anyone else be able to in the 1453-1750 period?

Oh, OK, I guess I misunderstood. I thought that he was making a moral judgement about foreign conquests.

Paterson said:
he will probably not appear in EUIII ;)

He WONT, atleast in a vanilla game.

:)

Jinnai said:
The same thing could be said for Japan. I think 22 provinces is a good number. Remember Japan was never conquered by outside forces until WWII.

Better make Japan terra incognita. Then it won't be conquered, plus that it simulates their influence on the history of the world for the timer period quite well too! And it's easy to implement! Another major bonus is that modders don't need to bother with the Sengoku Jidai anymore! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.