• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is a good guide! Thanks Hardradi!

Excellent. That's exactly what I was hoping for, there's so much I had missed out.

Thank you so much.

It is a good guide! Thanks Hardradi!

No problem fella's. I will upload the files with a link from this thread, that should make it easier for people. An extra TIP - create a new Sengoku directory and run all your map changes from that directory, straight out of map folder. Dont use the mod folder for map modding.

Map files download link

WHAT ABOUT A MAP EXPANSION?

I have had two cracks at extending the map from 2048x2048 to 2560x2560 (east and north for Hokkaido, Korea and maybe Okinawa).

I am so close, yet so far. It might have me beaten. It could be hardcoded limit of 2048x2048. :(

Last edited:
So how would you find out of it's a hardcoded size limit or not? Trial and error?

One other thing I've wondered is given how there are no ships is it really necessary to divide up the ocean space into those squares? Or do they perform some other function?

Yes, trial and error is the way. At the moment I am getting thousands of lines in the error log:

Code:
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 0, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 1, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 2, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 3, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 4, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 5, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 6, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 7, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 8, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 9, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 10, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 11, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.
[map.cpp:1107]: pixel: 12, 512 ( flipped y: 2048 )  has no province assigned.

This is the same message you get when you haven't assigned a province an RBG value in definitions. My new provinces are definitely there so???? The map is generating and playable and generally correct but this is screwing up certain parts of it. I did one map expanding north and west and another expanding south and east, same issue.

Next time I will do it with a very small increase on both axis, one 10 pixel wide province for each rather than 512 pixels on each. Small steps like I said above. :)

As for the squares I am not sure. Firstly, I think they might indirectly represent the maximum number of pixels a province can have, i.e., the ones without any land in them. Secondly in EU Rome you could put black colour as non-playable land (pti?). A quick test run with a region of black stuff showed me the game doesnt load with it. Then there is the white impassable terrain, you might be able to use this to fill some of the squares.