• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hallsten said:
Clever idea, but I don't like adding PTI just like that, I want a Lappland and I don't want to lose and provinces... :)
Why put PTI between the coast-provinces?

About Lappland: I am thinking that the PTI could take up less space visually if only the border between Västerbotten and Lappalnd could be removed. If Lappland stays, there should be a strip of PTI between it and Hålogaland.

People who wanted to visit the area had to get there by boat. In fact, you still have to, unless you come from across the mountains. Which you wouldn't do, in those days. And even if you did come from the mountains, you would have to go by boat to get to a city, since they were all on islands.

NitramDatsgnos said:
About Lappland: I am thinking that the PTI could take up less space visually if only the border between Västerbotten and Lappalnd could be removed. If Lappland stays, there should be a strip of PTI between it and Hålogaland.

People who wanted to visit the area had to get there by boat. In fact, you still have to, unless you come from across the mountains. Which you wouldn't do, in those days. And even if you did come from the mountains, you would have to go by boat to get to a city, since they were all on islands.

Given that parts of Lappland was populated in the later part of the EU2 timeframe I really want that province, the PTI between Sweden and Norway would stay though. I also want Tornio to be a river and not a PTI, it was very possible to travel from Finland to Sweden proper on land...

The problem with putting PTI between the coastal provinces is that income for a land-intensive Norway would be decreased quite a bit.
What land-setting does Norway start with?

What's up with this? I thought the plan was adding provinces, not taking away?

I couldn't disagree more with your plan. If every more or less inaccessible mountain pass should be PTI we would have insane amounts of coastal and inland PTI.

Direct reasons for removing PTI:
  • There's no problem for armies crossing Dovrefjell, except at winter.
  • I can't think of ONE good reason for Jämtland not sharing borders with Østlandet.
  • Lappland has no reasons for being PTI. There's hardly any hills there, only forests (like all of Sweden). We have church towers taller than Kebnekaise :p
  • PTI between Trøndelag->Narvik->Finnmark would give an already poor Norway a substantial penalty.

Such PTI would totaly deny that a colonisation of the Lapps ever took place.
The game isnt just about warfare. The Imperialistic quest for natural resources and colonization is also important to the game. Every Swedish monarch in the 1600 were well aware of the rich resources buried in the North.

I like the PTI idea, but I think it should be reduced. The map modification isn't only about adding provinces. I agree it should be reduced though, but only so that we can have a small Lappland province and a connection between Tröndelag and Narvik (why not?)

If you really don't want people crossing from one province to another, why not just remove the landlink between them? No need for PTI...

Not that I like either idea, though. :p

Hallsten said:
The problem with putting PTI between the coastal provinces is that income for a land-intensive Norway would be decreased quite a bit.
What land-setting does Norway start with?

In the vanilla GC Narvik and Finnmark have tax bases at 2 and 1 respectively. Norway starts at land 1, so the 2% tax penalty will have little importance.

Proprius said:
Where can i get these edited maps and are they playable?
1. This is no official map editing project (yet). It is just suggestions for people making their own scandinavian remakes.
2. They can't be downloaded anywhere as far as I know.
3. The remakes are playable if you make the needed changed in the scenario and province files.