• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(28604)

First Lieutenant
May 3, 2004
The main purpose of this thread is to have discussions about new maps focusing on a more detailed Scandinavia, and more detail to the nations important to a Scandinavian mod. (Probably most of Europe).
This with no or very little consideration to effects on ROTW, so feel free to discuss adding plenty of provinces. :D
All other aspects like historic importance, gameplay, and such... are of course open to discussion just as usual.

Sven_vegas said:
The main purpose of this thread is to have discussions about new maps focusing on a more detailed Scandinavia, and more detail to the nations important to a Scandinavian mod. (Probably most of Europe).
This with no or very little consideration to effects on ROTW, so feel free to discuss adding plenty of provinces. :D
All other aspects like historic importance, gameplay, and such... are of course open to discussion just as usual.
Do you plan a complete map remake, or just something in addition to the current map?

I have extensive plans for Norway (among others), but have problems finding high detail maps with just regional borders and little text.

Only an addition.
I could use some help with ideas for norway! What are yo planning for maps of Norway?

So far Im planning to add from this list of potential provinces:

Denmark:
Fyn
Bornholm
Halland
Northern jutland

Sweden:
Öland
Dalarna
Östergötland

Finland:
Karelian Isthmus
Finnish Lappland

Norway:
Sorlandet
Bohuslän
--------
- Agder (Sørlandet was "invented" 100-150 years ago)
- Eidsiva
- Viken
- Hålogaland (replaces Narvik, only a small border change)
- Nidaros (replaces Trøndelag, goes a bit further down in Bergenhus)
- Bohuslän
- Jämtland
- Härjedalen
------------

Holstein:
Sleswig

Once I have decided what to add in Scandinavia I will start filling up Poland, Russia, HRE, Britain, Netherlands, France, Italy, Portugal... almost all of Europe with help from their threads, until I balanced Europe against Scandinavia. In the end it might look something like the map designed by MKJ, but I wont touch the map outside Europe.

Last edited:
Sven_vegas said:
Only an addition.

Denmark:
Fyn
Sleswig
Bornholm
Halland

You are aware that adding Slesvig would bring nothing to Denmark, but an additional province to Holstein- right?

I see that you plan to add an equal number of provinces to Denmark-Norway and Sweden (I'm guessing gamebalance) but wouldn't adding Northern Jutland or perhaps Halland be more justified than adding Bornholm? (I'm not entirely sure myself)

Kong Skjold said:
I see that you plan to add an equal number of provinces to Denmark-Norway and Sweden (I'm guessing gamebalance) but wouldn't adding Northern Jutland or perhaps Halland be more justified than adding Bornholm? (I'm not entirely sure myself)

Yes, in the end I want to have balance. But at the moment I im just trying to make a list of potential new provinces, to pick from. Suggestions are welcome! Northern jutland sounds intresting. Im adding it to my list. And you are right about sleswig.

Sven_vegas said:
So far Im planning to add from this list of potential provinces:

Denmark:
Fyn
Bornholm
Halland
Northern jutland

Sweden:
Öland
Dalarna
Östergötland

Finland:
Karelian Isthmus
Finnish Lappland

Norway:
Sorlandet
Bohuslän

Holstein:
Sleswig
I think we should continue the "local-names-policy" I expect the EU2 team has had ;)

Sorlandet = Sørlandet
Sleswig = Slesvig/Schleswig (danish/german)
Jutland = Jylland
Northern Jutland = Nord-Jylland

Possible norwegian provinces:

- Agder (Sørlandet was "invented" 100-150 years ago)
- Eidsiva
- Viken
- Hålogaland (replaces Narvik, only a small border change)
- Nidaros (replaces Trøndelag, goes a bit further down in Bergenhus)
- Bohuslän
- Jämtland
- Härjedalen

examples of those provinces:

norge-su.jpg

Ok, it seems that you are aware what you are doing. If you want any help with anything, I am at your disposal. I am personally recreating the entire map at the moment, but that will probably just be for the fun of it.

In regards to the balancing of Scandinavia, I suggest that for each province added to Sweden-Finland there is added an aditional province to Denmark-Norway beond the first province added, to account for the imbalance present in the game.

Kong Skjold said:
Ok, it seems that you are aware what you are doing. If you want any help with anything, I am at your disposal. I am personally recreating the entire map at the moment, but that will probably just be for the fun of it.
I've got a project like that going on myself.. I'm tempted to call it Europa Scandinavis, since the map currently ends in Finland to the east, in Iceland (moved towards Norway) to the west, in Holstein to the south and Finnmark in the north.. :)

Kong Skjold said:
In regards to the balancing of Scandinavia, I suggest that for each province added to Sweden-Finland there is added an aditional province to Denmark-Norway beond the first province added, to account for the imbalance present in the game.
I agree. The power ratio should be balanced between Denmark-Norway and Sweden-Finland.

What do you guys think of splitting Iceland?

deallus said:
What do you guys think of splitting Iceland?

I'm not to keen on the thought, since it had little importance to Denmark-Norway. It might have been larger than Denmark, but it was scarcly populated. Its main purpose is as a naval base to the new world.

Btw. I have remaid the costal lines of Scandinavia to reflect the actual geography of Scandinavia:
x1pAdjo0uCo2H0XVvdFt9b-aKRbJ_wSFalBM15wGvhyWP6pQAJM82qnJsqP4cFZTxPQh6jhaj3fYulYGkCTJGwIltqyTCD6V1pfMKB8CGOSj43rvqcy0IU1fw

LOL! :rofl:

I know the Bornholm province is to small in this picture. Otherwise I think im going to make my map like this:

suniversal.JPG

What do you think about it?
edit: borders of jämtland/bergslagen has been changed
edit2: Blekinge added. Bornholm removed.

Last edited:
well, since you copied my norwegian map, I think I'll turn the criticism towards myself :p

I'll be correcting that in a while, that one was put together in a hurry..

Kong Skjold said:
I'm still not convinced that Bornholm should be a province rather than Fyn or Blekinge, but that is your call I guess, otherwise it seems balanced enough.
Crazy thought, we've got 405 new provinces to play with, why not make ALL OF THEM :D