• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all I care slavic culture is okey for the whole area, some improvment in province precision and naming and it will be fine for me.

Could be better, could have a Southern Slav culture and make it all one big pot of Slavic stew and keep the Poles and Russians as Northern Slavs. Everything else, make it up as you go along. And do not forget about the mixture of Greek and Italian in the isles along the coast.

Cultures should not be tampered with...I am satisfied with Slavonic...as long as other cultures are formed and devised in the same manner. If you're going to divide Scandinavians(like in CK for example) then you also must do it for the "Balkans" and few other regions.

Main issue here is the map of the area....it needs total overhaul...whole area of Austria-Hungary is wrong.

Finellach said:
Cultures should not be tampered with...I am satisfied with Slavonic...as long as other cultures are formed and devised in the same manner. If you're going to divide Scandinavians(like in CK for example) then you also must do it for the "Balkans" and few other regions.

Main issue here is the map of the area....it needs total overhaul...whole area of Austria-Hungary is wrong.

Why would it be obligatory to change things in another region is one is changed?

Grosshaus said:
Why would it be obligatory to change things in another region is one is changed?

Because you cannot have two different criterias for two almost identical situations. If so that would be highly hypocritical.

Finellach said:
Because you cannot have two different criterias for two almost identical situations. If so that would be highly hypocritical.
All is fair when balancing gameplay.

Hekter said:
Finns= The Albanians of scandinavia?

Indeed. They talk funny.

Is Finnish fast food any good?

Enough of Balkanese and Scandinavians. This is about provinces. Whoever inhabits them is easily moddable later by anyone. What we need are borders that properly simulate conflicts in the region.

Finellach said:

Nowhere does it say that Paradox is obliged to not be hypocritical ;)

Brownbeard said:
Is Finnish fast food any good?

We innovated McRye: a burger with rye bread. Judge based on that :D

curtis said:
All is fair when balancing gameplay.

Tell me what cultures have to do with gameplay balance?

Grosshaus said:
Nowhere does it say that Paradox is obliged to not be hypocritical ;)

Common decency says so. ;)

A Balkanized thread...

Well, if you do take time to notice, a province's name and borders are and will forever be trivial. So long as your nation owns it no matter if it is called zuahillilalalalaland, or where its borders lie. So, you need to own it. So, you need to play well enough to own it.

We 're going to roll down the hill if we all take sides and call names those who don't so I 'll say it here...

"In paradox we trust" or at least I do.

Grosshaus said:
We innovated McRye: a burger with rye bread. Judge based on that :D

I suddenly gained more respect for Berlusconi. :p

Assos said:
Could be better, could have a Southern Slav culture and make it all one big pot of Slavic stew and keep the Poles and Russians as Northern Slavs. Everything else, make it up as you go along. And do not forget about the mixture of Greek and Italian in the isles along the coast.

Actually, Russians, Ukrainians and Belarus are eastern Slavs, while Checks, Slovaks, Poles, etc are western Slavs. Of course, Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians etc are southern Slavs; I just wanted to inform you that IRL there is no such a thing as “northern Slavs”.

Zaki said:
Actually, Russians, Ukrainians and Belarus are eastern Slavs, while Checks, Slovaks, Poles, etc are western Slavs. Of course, Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians etc are southern Slavs; I just wanted to inform you that IRL there is no such a thing as “northern Slavs”.

Those are called Scandinavians :)

Sleepyhead said:
:wacko:
Scandinavians are as Slavic as Germans.

Hm. I thought that :) smilie means that he was just kidding. Were you kidding, Veldmaarschalk? Maybe you should put :rofl: or :p just to avoid any future misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.