• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownbeard

Hostile native
60 Badges
Apr 26, 2004
www.index.hr
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Will EU3 provide a new map that has a more historic feel and higher accuracy. While some regions of Europe were very well represented in EU and EU2, good portion of Central and Southeastern Europe was not one of them. Especially Balkan provinces, which did not follow historic borders and thus did not simulate conflicts between Austria, Turks, Venice and Hungary over the region.

Is the map done(since Johan said on Gamespot that the number of provinces is set to cca 1700)? Or will the fans be able to participate to some extent with input?

Hurrah, my first thread in EU3! :D

Hallsten said:
Since work probably has been going on for a year already I'd expect that the map is finished already. After EU2 was announced there were no changes made to the map IIRC.
If it is an easily modifiable map changes could still be made neh?

Registered said:
If it is an easily modifiable map changes could still be made neh?
Of course the map can be changed, but officially letting the community have a say about the map would probably delay the game to Q3 2009... :rolleyes:

Hallsten said:
Of course the map can be changed, but officially letting the community have a say about the map would probably delay the game to Q3 2009... :rolleyes:
Far longer then that IMHO. But my point was that, inevitable, mistakes can still be corrected.

Well, there was a lot of discussion and map tweaking in EU2, plus since EU2 came out a lot of research and discussion were done in various games that followed. Since Austria and Ottomans are one of my favourites in EU2, I'm really interested in how it will look.

Registered said:
Far longer then that IMHO. But my point was that, inevitable, mistakes can still be corrected.
Of course, and I'm sure that they will. Only without our input... :)
Brownbeard said:
Well, there was a lot of discussion and map tweaking in EU2, plus since EU2 came out a lot of research and discussion were done in various games that followed. Since Austria and Ottomans are one of my favourites in EU2, I'm really interested in how it will look.
Johan reads a great deal on the forums and I'm sure that he's also updated on the map modifications that have been, and are being, made. If he finds something there that he likes I'm sure that he'll implement it in the new map.

Wohoo, first Balkans thread... Here we go again...

Jarkko Suvinen said:
Wohoo, first Balkans thread... Here we go again...
I'm surprised it took this long for it to appear ;)

Havard said:
I must say, we were rather tempted at putting the Balkans in the PTI...

...but realised it would penalize the Ottomans too much :(

Does great and mighty admin know something about the subject that he could share with his humble flock?

Know something? Yes
Something I can share? Sorry, NDA
zipped_h4h.gif

Grosshaus said:
IMHO The Sea of Balkans would be the best option :)

Only Adriatic and Balaton... Will there be a Balaton sea?

Grosshaus said:
IMHO The Sea of Balkans would be the best option :)
Grosshaus, your humour doesn't hit the target. The Balkan people get locked when Balkans is brought up as an issue. I am pretty sure 99.5% of them did not get your joke, and think you believe "Lake Balaton" or "Adriatic" is "Balkan Sea". They will flame you for your ignorance. Then they will flame each other on who started the righteous flaming (was it serbs, croats, greeks, albanians, bulgarians etc etc) of Grosshaus. Then they will call the world idiotic for not understanding their god given right to flame (and who was flaming first and who did it best).

Then, after a while, when admins have warned a bunch of people, the flames will lower. Until somebody finds an ancient roman text which calls this little lake near Pristine "Mare Balkanium", which obviously will start the whole thing from start again.

Jarkko, chill. Grosshaus and us, Balkanese, go long way back. And watch out for the pirates of Balaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.