Many chinese players play as the Ming Empire, what about the Ming Empire's Mission tree?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShinogiSatou

Sergeant
Mar 4, 2020
Many chinese players play as the Ming Empire, what about the Ming Empire's Mission tree?

...and...mission lines?
just like...
Continue Zheng He's legacy (Found the Chinese American Colony(e.g. Penglai, Cape of the Good Hope))
and Conquer the World (Tame the Berbers(to Africa), Scourge of Europe and Terror of Middle East)
and development the Economy.
AND EVERYTHING.

...and...
Zhu Qizhen and Zhu Qiyu's ADM, DIP and MIL change to 3.

if this is true...

Because I am CHINESE, I've play as Brandenburg (and their's Prussia and Germany) or Japan (Every Japanese Daimyos)

PLEASE RELEASE THE NEW MING EMPIRE AND CHINESE MINOR'S MISSION TREE!

• 5Like
Reactions:
The stance that was once expressed was that the mission trees are designed to make the player country super powerful and OP and that Ming is so strong at the start it would basically need to have WC missions.

That was back when mission trees were still rather new and were 99% conquest, though, so maybe the stance changed a bit by now.

Ming doesn't need an expansive mission tree because in-game Ming basically starts with its "mission tree" already complete, holding the imperial borders and everything around it (except Oirat) as a tributary. All of the flavor in EU4's China is in Ming's collapse and the rise of Qing in its place, with Manchu having a full mission tree that ends up just reuiniting China back into how Ming started. It just gets a bit more at the end to eat Tibet and Burma but that could easily be tacked onto Ming.

Ming having an imperial germany/HRE-tier mission tree for the AI to follow from 1444 would be a nightmare to play against in Asia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What does being Chinese have to do with playing Ming? I'm not Chinese, and I've played more Ming games than any other tag. Ming is already one of the most interesting countries to play in the game.

Not to mention, mission trees are lazy content. The game could do away with mission trees entirely and nothing of value would be lost.

Your suggestions amount to "give Ming missions to conquer the world" (even though the Ming dynasty was notoriously isolationist in the centuries following Zheng He's expedition) and "buff Ming's starting monarch points". You haven't adequately explained why these changes are needed other than "I'm Chinese so I want Ming China to be buffed".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Short answer: Want an interesting Chinese Mission Tree? Play QING.

Long answer:
- Ming is incredible powerful they can start rampaging from Day 1 and conquer the world (they can field roughly 60-70 Divisions from Day 1!)
- Ming can field +3 Advisors from Day 1 without any troubles
- Ming has so many Dev and powerful trade goods nobody can even compete with them

So If I would ask for a Ming Tree I would destroy the Ming Tag and create lots of minor chinese tags and Mings job would be to reconquer / merge / vassalize them. But thats already Qings job. So we are back to the short answer.

If I would ask for a China Upgrade it would be: Give us something more interesting than these EOC mechanics, because these are simply boring.

• 2Like
Reactions: