• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good god! You had 1,800 cannon against the Austrian 180 - no wonder you blasted them to smithereens.

In other words: nice victory at Udine. You do seem to be right in thinking that you can handle the Austrians in a stand-up fight, not just on the defense. I still don't see how you have enough forces to hold your flanks while you stomp your way to Wien, but maybe those reserve units will do the job? :)

Is that a 16,000 power Austrian army I see in/near Klagenfurt?

ok, sorry about this, but in view of this message:

I think that we could let the AAR's stick around a little longer. We need to remove the regular forums however as the IP rights went back to the developers. It is a natural order of things, and to my knowledge this transition is made in good understanding between the companies.

We can not host material for games which we do not own however. Both because the rights to the IP is no longer ours and AGOED might like to take control of their own things. But also because we are releasing many games and must make space for the games that are actually ours.

I will not remove the AAR forums for a while. But I will make it read only so no new contributions can be made. To salvage the AAR's I can only advice to copy paste the material into some other storage.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

there is no point carrying on with this. If/when there is an AAR forum on AGEOD, I'll try and rescue this material and put it up and carry on over there. I'm sorry about this, esp for anyone who has been reading &/or commenting but mainly as this was on the Paradox forum.

Hopefully AGEOD will get there finger out and get that PON AAR forum on line sooner rather than later.

Your AAR has been a great read and as I alluded to in my AAR almost entirely responsible for getting me hooked on this game. I can't believe we are not going to see the demise of those overly smug Austrians (at least anytime soon).

Don't envy your task of trying to reconstruct this monster!

Understandable on Paradox' part, but still unfortunate. I've been spending a lot of time in this section of AARland recently, so it's a shame to see it go. Well, thanks for the memories and all that. Do let me know if you restart/continue it in AGEOD land, I'll be sure to visit.

Huge shame this has ended - I've enjoyed reading along even if I've not commented much.

Reading this has been a pleasure. Sorry it has to end so soon.

It has been a pleasure reading this AAR, I am truly sorry to see it end. I hope they make a forum soon on AGEOD and you continue there. Shouldn't be too hard for them to make if someone requests them.

Last edited:
just a general comment, thank you all for the support. If/when AGEOD create a PoN AAR forum then yes I intend to carry on over there (& yes, I know advertising other forums is notionally against the rules but then this forum is closing), but I face the highly depressing task of copying over around 100 individual posts before I can carry on. So there is no point trying to squeeze any more into this thread before the axe falls (I just hope I can copy it all before that happens).

This may or may not help but if you go to thread tools menu (uptop) and select show printable version, and then maximize posts per view, you should be able to CUT & PASTE into a word document and then reapply at your leisure.

Personally speaking I always write in a word document first, you can add images and also url uplinks to so that if you ever have to do anything like this you can just copy and paste.

This may or may not help but if you go to thread tools menu (uptop) and select show printable version, and then maximize posts per view, you should be able to CUT & PASTE into a word document and then reapply at your leisure.

Personally speaking I always write in a word document first, you can add images and also url uplinks to so that if you ever have to do anything like this you can just copy and paste.

thanks for that, yes it will make it easier. Fortunately, I think when the forum was in one of its bad moods, I started creating a complete document (ie with the url) so about 90% of the posts are in word documents that have the url ... its just even at that level doing around 100 posts (& losing all the useful comments) is not leaving me feeling very happy.

Also unless Narwhal can spare the time, we can't rescue either of the 'how to' AARs and all Bornego's superb RUS AARs are going to be lost. I realise the reasons behind this (etc etc) but having put a lot of effort into getting this small area viable I do feel rather frustrated (best to stay in the forum rules).

Aye.... to all your points.

Now if the admins had some sort of export utility that the target forum could inform, say a file, that would be a good thing!

The How to AARs are a very important resource for attracting new players, esp. those who havent played in the genre before. Would be a loss if they werent available to the community.

Just to say, the migration has started.

I fear that saving our 3 'how to' AARs is going to rely on if any migration of complete threads can take place, its too complex otherwise as neither myself nor Narwhal can access the others posts. But lets see - they are such a valuable resource, and also, though I say it myself, pretty funny too.

Sorry to hear that this AAR will no longer grace the Paradox forums. I wondered a few months back what impact the loss of AGEOD would have on AARs such as this, and I guess I've now got my answer.

Look forward to following on the AGEOD forum, but might just be limited to lurking over there.

should say, you don't need games registered to make posts over there ... but I think there is a 3-5 day period after you register and before you can post. If this forum is still open for posting I'll leave a message once I have fully caught up and start adding material for new posts.

Sorry to hear that this AAR will no longer grace the Paradox forums. I wondered a few months back what impact the loss of AGEOD would have on AARs such as this, and I guess I've now got my answer

If I understand properly, the reason for the problem is not the original split between Paradox and Paradox France but that the IP for PoN and RoP have been returned from PI to AGEOD. On that basis, Paradox can't host the material, except in the OT forum. What wasn't originally clear was whether this just meant the effective destruction of the main game forums (of which only PoN has ever been really active over here) or the AARs too.