• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 1, 2007
Mam1.jpg

Previous Mameluk game and AAR HERE.​

Proper start: soon enough. Updates; every day...once a week...regular...lets face it - whenever. Likelyhood of completion; no comment (just felt like a good game with lots of war).

Saulta said:
Onwards to victory :)

With ur help, hopefully ;)

rcduggan said:
good luck!

Thanks

Brettmo said:
Sounds promising. I'll definitely be following this.

Good to have you aboard!

............Im not so sure about this first/next update, but here it goes...hopefully it will improve as time goes on.

*I plan to add some leaders (name inspired by posters naturally) to the game just to add some flavour to the writing (well I hope so anyway), they will not be used for any kind of seige stealing or any such nasty business (as what would be for any generic leader and they will of have generic stats (they r for purely identifying purposes).

Last edited:
I am a leader, I knew I'd go far someday ;)

A great story, Mamluks is actually the only nation I ever completed an entire campaign with :) Good luck in the future!

Nice start, some really nice gains there. So who's up next for Barsbay and Saulta? Tripoli? Nubia? The Sheep?

Saulta said:
I am a leader, I knew I'd go far someday ;)

A great story, Mamluks is actually the only nation I ever completed an entire campaign with :) Good luck in the future!

:) thanks, well i only ever completed one game also (though with England, u may have seen it ;) ) the Mamluks are certainly a good country to play and I am determined I shall finish it, just pace it out.

Brettmo said:
Nice start, some really nice gains there. So who's up next for Barsbay and Saulta? Tripoli? Nubia? The Sheep?

Thanks, yeah those Shiite lands are a must when I play the Mamluks. Next? well time will tell,

---------------------

........Guys Im struggling to write this (at this moment) with some form of seriousness (unbiased history book)...where I say "having defeated the enemy the Mamluks further extended their power in the region by 1435 etc.., before they invaded the lands to the north"...I really want to say something like "Saulta having trod them under boot, their enemies now layed to waste, . The Mamluks turned their hungry eyes north...dinner time, weeeeeeeeee!!!"

So the format may change...

Hmm, Barsbay seems like the kind of guy you don't want any "help" from :rofl:

Just watch out for those orthodox provinces. With catholic Aleppo and the mix between sunni and shia, adding orthodox to your population might turn ugly :eek:

Brettmo said:
Hmm, Barsbay seems like the kind of guy you don't want any "help" from :rofl:

Just watch out for those orthodox provinces. With catholic Aleppo and the mix between sunni and shia, adding orthodox to your population might turn ugly

But, but, but he was trying to help! REALLY!

Sorry wasnt clear there, but the plan was to force convert the Turks (then ally later), not take provinces from them...btw Aleppo is Orthodox and Lebanon Catholic, both of which I choose not to tolerate, just deal with the rebellions there (Cataract was Orthodox too, but had a random conversion there - had three in fact :D , but I also noticed Sunni nations have had Shiite provinces randomly converted :( , I would rather they had stayed Shiite, than gain any conversions at all.

Lord Skane said:
Haha! :D Hillarious names! Saulta De Swede! :rofl:

:rolleyes: :confused: Huh? I dont get it :D

Saulta said:
Poor Ottomans :rolleyes:

Yeah! They usually have it tough ; )

Duke of Wellington said:
Very nice. Always enjoy your AARs so I think I'll stick around here.

Thanks Duke :)

Well, what do you know. Never seen that happen before :eek:

But then again, I have a feeling the OE won't remain dead for long. ;)

This is cool :).
I like your style of writing, the usage of large pictures with text instead of plain text, the way you play, everything :D. On one hand, it's good to see the OE decimated, but on the other you won't be able to conquer them later without having to deal with Europeans...

Keep the good work up ;)!

Brettmo said:
Well, what do you know. Never seen that happen before

But then again, I have a feeling the OE won't remain dead for long. ;)

I hope not, I want them to live :)

Emperor_krk said:
This is cool :).
I like your style of writing, the usage of large pictures with text instead of plain text, the way you play, everything :D. On one hand, it's good to see the OE decimated, but on the other you won't be able to conquer them later without having to deal with Europeans...

Keep the good work up ;)!

Wow :D , thanks :) , its not good that the OE is decimated, and yes, it will now be much harder to make amends there, I dont know what to do at present. I plan on moving on some of the other goals for now, and just hope the OE re-emerge. If they dont...I dont know...I guess I will have to go in there and try and do something.

Duke of Wellington said:
If I said watching the Ottoman Empire crumble made me at all sad, I would be lying. This is excellent.

Huh? Why is everyone against the OE? :D ;) , dont u all know I wanted them to live :D