• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

annulen

General
26 Badges
Jul 18, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
It's no secret that in late game tax development of provinces is much less profitable than production development. There are many ways to increase production efficiency and goods produced, and upgrade of Workshop is much more efficient than upgrade of Temple.

I suggest that tax development should also increase supply limit of province, more significantly than other development types. In this case large late game armies could move more comfortably through lands which have a lot of tax dev with less attrition losses.

Justification: more tax dev means there is more housing in the province (while production dev is development facilities which are not really suitable for accommodations of incoming armies, and military dev is barracks and training facilities for local troops)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
That's it?
You got 2 downvotes for suggesting Tax improves Supply limit a little bit more than the other 2?
That's like such a minor effect.

Important? Absolutely
But I'm legit shocked that people don't like such a minor buff

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's it?
You got 2 downvotes for suggesting Tax improves Supply limit a little bit more than the other 2?
That's like such a minor effect.

Important? Absolutely
But I'm legit shocked that people don't like such a minor buff
All dev increases local supply limit, making tax which is very strong early game even more important is arbitrary mp balancing, and makes supply even more trivial than it was irl

Reactions:
All dev increases local supply limit, making tax which is very strong early game even more important is arbitrary mp balancing, and makes supply even more trivial than it was irl
So, you're agreeing that Tax is incredibly weak late game?

Also, feels like you're seriously conflating stuff
If you feel supply is excessive; you could still implement this guy's suggestion without increasing the overall amount of supply.

It hurts every balance discussion to be so rapidly dismissive; which was the entire point of my other post.

Reactions: