• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sidolowka

Colonel
19 Badges
Sep 3, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
As we all know, certain existing 1444 tags are reformable if they cease to exist. Notable examples include England, Scotland, Austria, France, Morocco, Tunis, Byzantium, the Timurids, Delhi, etc. The vast majority of these tags are either the primary nation of their respective cultures, or have a lot of cores, making reforming them a worthwhile cause.

Some tags however, for whatever reason, aren't reformable, which is really confusing. Austria for example is reformable, while Hungary isn't. Croatia is reformable but Serbia isn't. Poland is reformable but Lithuania isn't. This seems pretty arbritrary, seeing how there's no real reason why certain tags are reformable while certain tags aren't.

So I suggest that , most, if not all, primary nations of a culture should be reformable. For example, if Orissa is reformable I don't see why Bengal shouldn't be either – being able to form Bengal would be a great addition for the neighbouring minors in the game, just like how forming Tunis/Morocco is a good mid-step formable for the three Saharan tribes + Fazan. Exclusions would be cultures that already have a formable (Romanian - Romania, Togoku/Kyushu - Japan, Pontic - Byzantium, Berber – Andalusia) and some awkward exclusions (Filipino - Sulu, Sumatran - Aceh, Azerbaijani - Ardabil, Bedouin - Najd)

I also found an old thread mentioning the dev's criteria on nations being reformable, which reads as follows.
I will have to decide whether Serbia will be formable at some point, and this is the criteria I use for whether a country that exists in 1444 should be formable:
1. It defines the region and the name of the country would be adopted by a regional minor that united the region (England, France, etc)
2. There are minor nation/s or releasables with its culture that should be eligible to form it
3. The country has access to unique content (missions, events, etc) that would make the game more fun for aforementioned minors.
This was from a 2-year-old thread though, and many changes have been made since then. Croatia right next door for example is now reformable, even though Croatia is the only Croatian cultured nation in the game. (Dalmatian cultured nations can form Croatia though).

Serbian culture however, has minors (well, minor) tied to it, Montenegro, meaning that there's the distinct chance of them being reformed if that was possible. They also now have a decent mission tree, meaning reforming Serbia as Montenegro is even more attractive.

On top of this, letting primary nations be reformed would have the side effect of alleviating the lack of flavour in certain regions. East Africa immediately comes to mind – letting Ethiopia be reformable would be a massive buff to all the non-Ethiopian minors in East Africa, most of which still have generic ideas.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: