Make formables Change colors depending on who formed them !!!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ZircomSkull

Sergeant
60 Badges
Jan 21, 2018
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
The new DD showed us a bunch of cool features comming with the next update/dlc, but something that caught my eye was the ability japanese nations will have to keep their original colors once they form japan. Thus i would like to see that feature replicated as much as possible (if possible always) since it's amazing flavor, story telling and looks neat in the map.
So i magine White france that was formed by Britanny or red spain formed by aragon ,green if portugal or blue Rome if formed by France !!!!

Attachments

• imagem_2023-03-15_130420998.png
    imagem_2023-03-15_130420998.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • imagem_2023-03-15_130430823.png
    imagem_2023-03-15_130430823.png
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
  • imagem_2023-03-15_130441096.png
    imagem_2023-03-15_130441096.png
    152,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I can't imagine the code to create such a decision is really all that complicated. You just need to query what the starting tag was and set the current map color to whatever that was. Maybe one more logic check to see if you've had a change of tag, and there you go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes I would love this.

Not sure why people are disagreeing though. It could always be an option in the game settings that disables AI colours that stay based on whichever nation forms it. This is something I've always asked for and often makes me derive from forming nations. Like what's the use of forming France as a french ducal nation if you're just going to have the same colour as the generic France?

It would make ironman so much better because you can't modify the colour of a nation in that mode.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes I would love this.

Not sure why people are disagreeing though. It could always be an option in the game settings that disables AI colours that stay based on whichever nation forms it. This is something I've always asked for and often makes me derive from forming nations. Like what's the use of forming France as a french ducal nation if you're just going to have the same colour as the generic France?

It would make ironman so much better because you can't modify the colour of a nation in that mode.
Right ? and the example used in the Dev diary HAS a button if you want the regular's tag color so if you form japan as uesugi you can still get red japan if you want to... i honestly don't see who loses with that

Reactions:
Can't you just tie it to new ideas and traditions? Like a second pop up asking you to keep your colour or get the regular new one. The AI could be coded to always choose the default standard colour.

Reactions:
VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

The Suggestions subforum? I think that's last on the list of subforums the devs ever read based on how long some bugs have survived...

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Suggestions subforum? I think that's last on the list of subforums the devs ever read based on how long some bugs have survived...
Suggestions will be more visible to devs in Suggestions than in main forum.

Be careful about publically discussing a moderation action as in... don't do it... check the forum rules).

Reactions:
The HRE definitely needs this. So many nice colors you could form it with and you always end up with a plain grey blob. Imagine a Lotharingia colored HRE or a Spain colored one.

Reactions: