• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Goldfinch

Colonel
1 Badges
Dec 11, 2018
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
I am aware that many people demanded this before. I just want to say it again hoping devs will take it into consideration in upcoming update.

Please make beating Rome a challenge. When playing non Rome mediterranean nation I would like to have this kind of feeling:

Can I get strong enough fast enough to prevent Rome from eating me up?

This would surely provide some actual meaningfull motivation to expand. Make player feel this growing threat, worryingly watching them eating more and more provinces, and exciting moment when confrontation finally comes.

This would make sense in a game called Imperator Rome right? Like fighting Rome as end game challenge?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Yes actually i seen you like my reply and i totally agree.

I believe that in this time of the world the deciding factor of who would be the Super Power was either Rome or Carthage in the Punic Wars.

I agree, i believe ROME and Carthage AI should be scripted and Events should give them a certain push like ''take etc'. Otherwise as mentioned above Rome will just Plough Germania and Carthage will plough Iberia everyday.

I think it should be at least scripted at the beginning. Rome Defeats Carthage : True -> Annex all Carthage Territory and Gain Events for Greece.
Carthage Defeats Rome : True -> Annex all Roman Territory and Gain Events for Iberia.

Also i totally understand PDX wanting to focus on The Diadochi, at some point it would be great to address the elephant in the Room and That's Scripted Punic Wars and a focus towards what would other wise be the deciding event of the Era, who would be the Super Power, Rome or Carthage? In my opinion the game should not start without a definitive answer, Rome of Carthage? who lives.

The Winner should absorb the others power and land to become somewhat of a 'Super Power'.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes actually i seen you like my reply and i totally agree.

I believe that in this time of the world the deciding factor of who would be the Super Power was either Rome or Carthage in the Punic Wars.

The Winner should absorb the others power and land to become somewhat of a 'Super Power'.
Scripted punic wars sound great! For example, maybe after getting 40% warscore in first war they should have a decision to enforce treaty for entire Sicily, second war, 60%, entire punic Spain, third war, annex all, something like this?

Reactions:
I am aware that many people demanded this before. I just want to say it again hoping devs will take it into consideration in upcoming update.

Please make beating Rome a challenge. When playing non Rome mediterranean nation I would like to have this kind of feeling:

Can I get strong enough fast enough to prevent Rome from eating me up?

This would surely provide some actual meaningfull motivation to expand. Make player feel this growing threat, worryingly watching them eating more and more provinces, and exciting moment when confrontation finally comes.

This would make sense in a game called Imperator Rome right? Like fighting Rome as end game challenge?

I have been playing Carthage, and maybe because I am an average player, I find beating Rome already a challenge. Also, last Monday I was forced to declare war because the senate party mission was to plunder Rome.

Maybe we could have an AI rivalry system that increases major powers fight against each other (forgetting about bigger or smaller rivals). The same could apply to Great Powers, confronting other Great Powers and allowing regional and local powers to survive independent on their sides.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Scripted punic wars sound great! For example, maybe after getting 40% warscore in first war they should have a decision to enforce treaty for entire Sicily, second war, 60%, entire punic Spain, third war, annex all, something like this?

Yes well it will be totally up to the Dev team how in depth they would want to go with it or if they would just have a generic 2/3 Punic Wars time Spark and after the last war it would be decided which faction gets annexed for that game.

But if they do go further, i'd say Rome must first obtain focus Events on Greece (either way) and on top they could obtain this Amount of land from Iberia.

hispania-ca-196bc-727px-wikimedia.png

The Idea though is just to lightly guide the Winning AI after Annexing Rome or Carthage without really impeaching on the players choice of faction whether it be in Greece or Iberia.

SO image above wouldn't make sense if the player was an Iberian Tribe on the east then gets annexed all of a sudden and loses due to script. Rather allow the player to fight back.

Last edited:
There was a mod in the workshop that allowed you to give a certain nation serious buffs. I tried to get the author to update it, but he said he's done with the game. This really helped make what you wanted possible.

I would make Rome a serious overbearing challenge with it. Or if I was Rome, I would endow Epirus or Carthage the same thing. If I were good at modding, I would update it but I'm terrible at it.

Perhaps someone can? :) :) :)

• 1Love
Reactions:
Using scripted events to force a historical path, completely bypassing the actual game, is something I really hate about other Paradox titles. The goal imo should be to create systems where the historical paths emerge from the game as the most likely path, but emerge from systems that make sense no matter what the gamestate.

• 4Like
Reactions: