Majesty: The fantasy kingdom sim video Walkthrough/Let's play

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*shrugs* I can only report what I've seen, but there have been mechanical differences between different game releases. I usually get a few days before war erupts, in Majesty Gold. Maybe that was considered a bug, and fixed in the HD version?

I've just replayed the quest a few times using cheats to reveal the map, summon monster invasions, etc, just to see exactly what might be triggering the hostilities. I can't make out any obvious pattern, but I've definitely had the rogues/elves become hostile after a few days without me placing any bounties on their buildings or heroes. I *think* it has something to do with either building guardhouses or sustaining damage to their buildings.

Well, anyhoo... I'll sometimes use stoneskin on the more vulnerable hero classes at low levels, but only if I've got a great deal of cash rolling in or the battle happens to be particularly crucial. Vigilance, moreso.

One thing I'd love to see fixed, actually- though I'm not sure if it strictly qualifies as a bug- would be to have the behaviour of Illusory Hero changed. At present, the spell is damn-near useless, since the duplicate just wanders away without breaking an enemy's target lock. If it gave a 50% chance of a monster chasing the wrong target, or simply conferred a 50% miss chance for a fixed duration, that would be swee-eet...

Could someone explain to me what I said here that was so stunningly awkward that no-one else can bring themselves to continue the discussion? I'd like to know, just for future reference.

...I could post a video walkthrough of Urban Renewal, if people are skeptical about that.

Could someone explain to me what I said here that was so stunningly awkward that no-one else can bring themselves to continue the discussion? I'd like to know, just for future reference.

...I could post a video walkthrough of Urban Renewal, if people are skeptical about that.
*shrugs*
I've been busy at work.
On the subject of the quest Urban Renewal, I've never had the experience of Ratmen attacks turning the other force hostile, I've discovered new Bungalows on fire from attack by monsters (yellow forces) and yet the the red forces remain neutral to me.

Hmm. I suppose I could have been imagining things. Well, my only other explanation for the UR behaviour is there might be something funky about my install CD. I'll try to post a video later, assuming I can reproduce the bug.

Okay, here's the video upload where I *think* I've managed to reproduce the UR 'bug' (albeit with the aid of cheats.) Basically, destroyed elven/rogue structures + guardhouse == hostilities, with or without bounty flags. If I have time, I'll try to play through the quest properly and see if the same behaviour ever crops up.

Hey, I was reminded on another site of these Walkthroughs, written back when Majesty and NE were first released.
I could be wrong, but I think that website is substantially more recent than that- I think after the cyberlore boards shutdown.

Well, I've replayed Urban Renewal for the first 10 minutes the better part of a dozen times without cheats by now, and I have thus far not been able to recreate the conditions needed for untriggered hostilities. I guess I must have been accidentally placing bounties beforehand, or something? Sorry 'bout that.