• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alfryd

...It's nice up here!
3 Badges
Jul 9, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
I had no idea these even existed. There's a bunch of user-created quests and various balance tweaks here:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop...wsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&days=90

This one in particular looks quite extensive.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678145904

how_accomplished.png

Last edited:
Most of the Majesty HD discussions is on the Steam Discussions group since Paradox wasn't the publisher. I know there's a forum here for HD, but I think that was more a courtesy than anything else.

Yeah, I pinged the author on the subject over on the 'Majestic Majesty' discussion thread (they were kind enough to explain that the Beta for Maj HD has an SDK folder.) Just doing a little bit of cross-promotion/outreach over here, as it were.

It's a damn shame these tools didn't exist 15 or even 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure a lot of the old community's 'creative writer' types would've gone bananas making their own content back then.

Most of the Majesty HD discussions is on the Steam Discussions group since Paradox wasn't the publisher. I know there's a forum here for HD, but I think that was more a courtesy than anything else.
'Cyberlore Dev' is still active, apparently, and they're cranking out APIs that will allow for custom AI and building sprites in the beta version. Who is this fantastic person?

What is the ownership situation, here, exactly? If Paradox aren't the publisher, do they still have rights to the IP?

It's a damn shame these tools didn't exist 15 or even 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure a lot of the old community's 'creative writer' types would've gone bananas making their own content back then.

I'm sure this was covered over the what, 15? years of Majesty, but this *is* one of those things I forget. But I'm guessing that seeing as how long it's taking to work out the bugs of the SDK, with 6 months now with just one person working on it, compared to the whole team working on NE plus whatever else projects, time was probably the main issue.

'Cyberlore Dev' is still active, apparently, and they're cranking out APIs that will allow for custom AI and building sprites in the beta version. Who is this fantastic person?

Heh. It'd be up to him to reveal his identity, if ever.

Alfryd said:
What is the ownership situation, here, exactly? If Paradox aren't the publisher, do they still have rights to the IP?

I'm not exactly clear on it myself even though (I think) it was explained at some point, but I believe Paradox is still the owner of the IP, they just gave "special permission" to Cyberlore Dev to release Majesty HD and the SDK subsequently. I guess because it wasn't releasing new content but just making older content work on newer machines was what made the agreement work.

I'm sure this was covered over the what, 15? years of Majesty, but this *is* one of those things I forget. But I'm guessing that seeing as how long it's taking to work out the bugs of the SDK, with 6 months now with just one person working on it, compared to the whole team working on NE plus whatever else projects, time was probably the main issue.
Time is always an issue, and I'm sure they were scrambling to pay rent in various ways after the release date. I'm not blaming Cyberlore- given they took the trouble to put together a working prototype for a sequel, I can hardly accuse them of lacking initiative- it just seems like a minor tragedy that fate conspired to keep the SDK hidden for so long.