• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have never tried the Majesty series, even though I am a fantasy/medieval fan. So I thought that I would try the original game through Gamersgate's new VOID system where you can download an older game, with game trailers at game launch that you have to view. I have Vista, so maybe some problems should arise. Everything is going fine. I'm having a lot of fun with my heroes wandering off to glory. Wizards don't seem to last long, though. Warriors are better for the money. :p

I'm almost through the 'beginner' scenarios but I have seemingly random freeze ups, like I used to get in DOS games wayyyyyy back when.

Any easy work around for Majesty 1.4, which is the version that I was given as part of this program?

I read through the thread, but I wasn't sure what applied to Majesty gold and what might work with the original edition. Thanks.

So just to be clear, you have the original Majesty, not Majesty Gold or Majesty Gold HD?

Tip for Wizards: Just hire one, put it in the window so you can keep track of it, and cast Invisibility on it when it gets into combat. It's better to pay 400 for Invis than 500 to hire a new Wizard :) Unless you have tons of gold (20-30K) and/or need the Wizards out right away because that's all you start with and you're facing a monster horde early (like that one scenario that sends Minotaurs at you right away).

So just to be clear, you have the original Majesty, not Majesty Gold or Majesty Gold HD?

Tip for Wizards: Just hire one, put it in the window so you can keep track of it, and cast Invisibility on it when it gets into combat. It's better to pay 400 for Invis than 500 to hire a new Wizard :) Unless you have tons of gold (20-30K) and/or need the Wizards out right away because that's all you start with and you're facing a monster horde early (like that one scenario that sends Minotaurs at you right away).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have regular ol' Majesty 1.41. I'm thinking of getting Majesty 2 now, so thanks GG for the promotion.

Renaming the music folder to 2_music and discovering autosave fixed the problem apparently plus gave me a fail-safe. I have finished the beginner scenarios and moved on to the advanced ones. Free the Slaves was one of my favorites so far--the slaves were free heroes! :D

But yeah, I did start the one where the Minotaurs appear out of nowhere and come at me. I will try the invisible wizard trick. The priestesses and knights of disorder mostly fill my ranks at mid-game, but I'm learning to love wizards, too.

Glad you got it working.

Of course, the Invis spell only works when the Wizard is within range of his Guild, but usually, that's a not a problem anyway as they don't wander too much at lower levels anyway. :)

Majesty came out for the Mac as well. I believe it will run with an OS 9 simulator.

Nice game.. I don't believe the expansion came out as well-so it is just the core game and an add on (downloadable?) where your kingdom can fight barbarians led by krohm.

And wizards are worth it once the level up. They start weak but get much stronger as they level up and gain new spells. I tended to give them money via reward flags so they would get a ring of protection early, Spiderman is right that the best thing early is to keep track of them and use spells to protect them. Try using anti-mage field on them if they face a vampire.

Last edited:
Majesty 2 multitplayer no more available.
I try to play majesty 2 this morning and it say me : "internet multiplayer is not longer available for majesty 2"

Majesty 2 is the only rts with indirect gameplay , its a very good and rich game, uncommon and fun.

And many of players still buy it , and give you MONEY for play the small campaigns AND MULTIPLAYER.

So PUT THE SERVERS ON , and make a better multiplayer version now, its really a shame that we can't play on internet with friends. If its not done i will post on all forum that majesty and paradox games are unefficient on multiplayers , and i will say to everybody that its really a shame for your society.

Majesty 2 multitplayer no more available.
I try to play majesty 2 this morning and it say me : "internet multiplayer is not longer available for majesty 2"

Majesty 2 is the only rts with indirect gameplay , its a very good and rich game, uncommon and fun.

And many of players still buy it , and give you MONEY for play the small campaigns AND MULTIPLAYER.

So PUT THE SERVERS ON , and make a better multiplayer version now, its really a shame that we can't play on internet with friends. If its not done i will post on all forum that majesty and paradox games are unefficient on multiplayers , and i will say to everybody that its really a shame for your society.

Majesty Gold HD is much better than linear Majesty 2. Random maps are most important part of game. Many years after finished campaign oryginal Majesty Fantasy Kingdom i still have fun with Majesty Gold HD. This is one of those iconic games that has become a part of history