• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure what's happening with your game. I just tried Building Editor, using default, checked everything but the Temples and Guilds, saved as No Guilds, and went back to the freestyle menu and that choice then appears in the drop down box for Building Limitations.

Spidey; Are you using Gold or original+NE? Because with me (Gold) the exact same thing happens as "Blue_Paladin42" describes in that I cannot save building limitations.
I don't really mind because I can limit myself from using them without hardlocking them just by choice :p.

Does anyone else like to see one last patch for this game?

A patch for the northern reaches?

Allowing the new heros, spells, buildings to be played in the normal majesty missons?

i'm very sadden that they didn't edit that..

For free style gameplay.

Add artifacts to find (all of them) and what not.
Also add more 2 more slots to.. "special events"

anyone?

Does anyone else like to see one last patch for this game?

A patch for the northern reaches?

Allowing the new heros, spells, buildings to be played in the normal majesty missons?

i'm very sadden that they didn't edit that..

For free style gameplay.

Add artifacts to find (all of them) and what not.
Also add more 2 more slots to.. "special events"

anyone?

I think they didn't add the extra buildings to the original missions so that they didn't unbalance them.

"Harm undead" alone would have made "Vengeance of the Liche Queen" a piece of cake.

Still; I would like it too, aside with bugfixes (Teleport/Camouflage resetting behaviors, the Outpost dismiss-crash, "Random" taking "Custom" events, poisoning free, the glitchy working of the Magic Bazaar Potion "Regeneration", and what-else more)... :)

Well, yeah, changes to balance to reflect the changes in NE made would be nice.

But then again that takes time. If we request a patch for a 9 year old game, can't be too picky.

I would prefer easier MFKS maps with NE functions than MFKS maps as they are now without the NE functions (especially since in Gold that means the Wizard/Priestess Magic Mirror fix isn't even in!!!). But that may just be me.

If you're requesting a patch that full-blown, then it should be properly balanced.

Little things like AI fixes as the one you mentioned, or having houses off the repair queue by default, are such that don't need testing; they're improving existing Majesty features anyway.

It will make the original quests easier indeed. Don't need to "balance test" to figure that one out.

Not sure why it SHOULD be necessary to upgrade difficulty because of that. Sure; it would be very nice, but necessary? Not in the slightest.

(It's not like MFKS is "properly balanced" in the first place)

Actually, now that I mention it, I think if I start up NE and then select one of the original quests, the houses *are* off by default. May have to double-check.

But who knows which way the balance would go? I mean, I use Barbarians quite a lot in NE since I can now have six of them and then build an Outpost to house them so I can go another faith. Doing that in the original quests would probably make it ridiculously easy.

Yeah, but it's not like they are overly hard now anyways. No "Legendary Heroes" amongst the non-NE maps.
The Mausoleum would greatly change "Brashnard Sphere" as would having 6 barbs. On the other hand the Goblin Mission is harder due to "Speed Monster".

With Gold too non-NE mission start with housing defaulted off the repairroute.
However, other patch fixes don't seem to have made themselves in, like the mentioned fleeing if a spell is reflected at you.

I would like to know if, even by downloaded program, there is any way to play the original Majesty in windowed mode. I used to be able to play full-screen games more than I am now; now I need to have some attention to other things too, and it's annoying to have to alt-tab out of the game window.

So, is there any way to do this? I have the original Majesty and the Northern expansion. I'd be delighted if I could!

I apologize, I can across some old Majesty line commands and it appears you may be able to put it in a window after all. They should work with the original Majesty, but not sure about NE (don't know why not, but you never know). Not sure if they all work with Gold either.

Here are all the line commands I have:

-nointro
-nothreadedcursor (fixes a problem that I have with my crappy video card)
-nocdaudio
-w (Puts the game into a window)
-edgescroll (useful when in a window)

To use one or more, create a shortcut to the game and put them outside the quotes in the Target line. For example:

"C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Majesty - The Northern Expansion\MajX.exe" -nointro

Hope this helps!