• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaeron

Recruit
6 Badges
Dec 25, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Majesty 2
I have played this game before, and purchased it on a ridiculous cheap sale just to have it on my new computer. Steam has provided me with a key several times that I have no where to enter.

When I start any missions, even basic novice missions, enemies are spawning at ultra accelerated rates, far before I can even get any buildings up. Is this some sort of DRM cheat-protection? How do I enter my legitimate key that I have purchased the game, so I can continue to play like normal? I can't even progress past the 3rd novice map (Great Towers) because the enemies spawn so so so fast. I have tried many many times.

I need to stress that the game was NOTHING like this on the non steam version.

If someone else is experiencing this problem where monsters spawn faster than you can build (especially harsh on Rat King mission), the simple answer is here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/73020/discussions/0/458607518213324765/
For some silly reason, building speed (slowed down) and spawning frequency (raised up) is linked to FPS, and new computers can go very high in FPS on this good old game.

If you can keep your FPS at 60 or bellow (enable v-sync), the difficulty goes back to what it was intended on design.