Majesty 2 crashes/has it been reliable for you?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
for me using the version not purchased from the internet haven´t had any memorable crashes (that means its not the steam version), only the ones with some maps created by hapuga due to engine limitations. So i can say the buggy thing is the engine when pushed beyond it´s not clearly known limits.

Bugs out of that enviroment maybe due failure on handling distribution of the game under other circumstances. but also that could be due your own hardware or software conflicts.

Loading Single Mission Saved Games Crashes Majesty 2

Since the initial huge amount of problems I have only had one consistent issue - when you load a saved game for the single missions the game crashes to desktop every time. Which - considering the nature of some of those missions - can be heartbreaking.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if that will fix the crashing. Now I can't access my old game saves. Very frustrating. Thought I could just move them back into the appropriate folder but that doesn't seem to work.

Since the initial huge amount of problems I have only had one consistent issue - when you load a saved game for the single missions the game crashes to desktop every time. Which - considering the nature of some of those missions - can be heartbreaking.

That was the only crash I experienced, as well. I deleted some of my old saves and I no longer had crashes. Not sure if this is related but I remember there being a potential cap on the number of single-mission saves. You may have reached it.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if that will fix the crashing. Now I can't access my old game saves. Very frustrating. Thought I could just move them back into the appropriate folder but that doesn't seem to work.

This should work. The only thing I can think of is you now have a different version of the game through either lack of patching, or patching beyond what you had when you saved. Or you haven't placed it back into the correct directory. Mine is in my user file (I'm running Vista so it is c:\users\phil) under documents->majesty2->profiles->0->saves. In there is a folder for campaigns, and a folder for single missions. I have no idea why my profile is the number 0... when that isn't the name of it IN the game. Maybe something went wrong here after you reinstalled it? Not that I think that would matter... but who knows with this game.

0 is the first digit with which coders count.
Also, from what I've seen, you needed the entire folder, or at the very least, more than the saves to be able to replay from them. Sorry about that.

0 is the first digit with which coders count.
Also, from what I've seen, you needed the entire folder, or at the very least, more than the saves to be able to replay from them. Sorry about that.

That makes sense. Thought it would have been my name instead of 0, 1, 2, etc. But we are speaking about Majesty 2 here. ;)

I am running it on windows 7 and have had no trouble until "Mortal Foibles of Kings". While the quest is loading, it crashes back to windows every time. I am under powered at 1.66 ,GHz processor- 512kb cache, and 1 gig of ram, but the others have played fine, so I wonder if it is an issue with the downloaded file from Gamers Gate, or something that needs to be patched.

On all versions, reloading a dozen or so times consistently produces a CTD on loading. Basically, this only happens when you keep reloading to get better stats on a hero. No big deal.

Since BoA and patch 1.4.356, I now get a CTD on saving. Not only does it crash, but it destroys the save file. This makes the gaming experience much less fun.

Cant open game anymore

Hi, every time I try to open Majesty 2 a box comes up and says: "Majesty 2 main executable has stopped working" I uninstalled then reinstalled the game then it let me play again but only once. once I exited the game now I cant use it again. any suggestions would be appreciated. I have windows Vista.