Majesty 2 crashes/has it been reliable for you?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
7 x64 RTM build here. Only got one CTD which happened as I opened the graveyard in Rat King mission so far.

Played about 3-4 hrs yesterday with no crashes. Today, I can't get through an hour without a hard lockup. The last time, within 5 minutes, and after a fresh reboot of the system. This occurred in the first mission you have access to the mage tower. I clicked on my graveyard, and that was that. Sound still going, but screen completely frozen and computer unresponsive to all key commands including alt-tab, ctl-alt-del, windows key, esc..you name it.

strange i've never had a ctd or anything close to it. my game seems so smooth! i hope this just jinx it.

Didn't had a single crash on the campaign until this mission: Trouble with the afterlife...

Managed to beat the mission but with a lot of sacrifice...

So i'm playing the campaign. Going all great, no crashes. But on the mission trouble with afterlife, where we have to kill a lich king, game crashes. Brings me to desktop with an error message: Kingdom not found lol and game just gets stuck.

Ok so i keep doing the mission, have to save manually all the time, so if game crashes won't loose much. All going good, cleaned all the map, and was going to do some new parties when the game crashes right after i save the game.
So i load it up, and all my heroes, with the expection of the only party i got, gather around the inn, so i can make more parties, but the key to make new parties is all grey, can't click on it, so my heroes just stand there near the inn waiting...

So i said screw it and went with my single party of: Warrior, Dwarf, Ranger and Rogue (lol no healer)... So i started tanking the boss, 65000 health or something :p Fighting and fighting until almost all my heroes died, but not the Dwarf! He kept fighting, so i just put speed of the game to 5x, and just sitted there with my dwarf slowly killing boss while i healed him.
Between some crashes, and reloads, dwarf finally killed boss and ending up at lvl 28...

Meanwhile already posted a topic on tech forums...

Still didn't try the next mission, but i hope this crash is gone :(

Last edited:
Seems like this is an awesome game that got released a tiny bit early, and we're all beta testers now even though it's gone gold and people are paying. Majesty 1 was one of my favorite games of all time so hopefully the bugs get fixed and we can all play it without the crashes. Guess I'll have to wait a while till it gets a bugfix patch.

Seems like this is an awesome game that got released a tiny bit early, and we're all beta testers now even though it's gone gold and people are paying. Majesty 1 was one of my favorite games of all time so hopefully the bugs get fixed and we can all play it without the crashes. Guess I'll have to wait a while till it gets a bugfix patch.
The level with the two kingdoms I must destroy is my bane!! crashes right in the middle.Very Frustrating I beat it once with no crashes at all when I went to proceed and go to the quest map,it showed the quest wasn't completed (boy was I pissed off).I've tried at least 5 more times afterwards to no avail still.I've given up and hoping they come up with a bug fix.Great game but this sux!!!!!

Last edited:
Never had a single crash. Have completed the campaign and two single player games. the only bug I experience is the flickering of windows from time to time. Especially the graveyard window. I can run the game on all speeds.

My core components

Windows 7 RC x64
Core i7 with 6GB ram
Asus GForce GTX 285
Normal WDC HDD (non-SSD)

in trouble in the afterlife I get a crash when clicking on the button that shows which people i can resurrect in the graveyard. After the crash it would always do it from that particular saved game so needed to restart the mission from the beginning.

I only had one crash, but it was the worst possible time. After spending hours trying to beat Pretenders to the throne I was FINALLY destroying the paladin castle and then it CTDs! I almost cried.

The game crashes every single time I try to load it. It has never worked and I'm beginning to believe it never will. I have no issues with any other software on my computer, nor do I have outdated drivers.

It's the worst experience I've had with a game since the early years of windows xp.

I also had several crashes after playing Majesty 2 on a Windows 7 PC.
Tried a lot to keep it for crashing withour any luck. :mad:
After a while I switched it to window mode and was able to play complete levels.:)

Not the way I like to play games, but better then not to play it at all.

Hope they come up with a fix for it soon.

Vista 32 bit crashing on later campaigns

I'm on Vista 32 bit and playing the campaigns. From about the Lich King one, the screen started to have some visual glitches, then started crashing with the following message (which I have to close twice):

"Majesty 2 main executable has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I just played a single mission with no problems though. Could it be too many save files or something?

Last edited: