Majesty 2 crashes/has it been reliable for you?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 19, 2009
A buddy of mine bought the game and it tends to crash between levels for him. I installed the Demo and it wouldn't even run on either of my computers (XP X64 and Windows 7 X64 with 3d hardware, other games work). How reliable has Majesty 2 been for you getting it to run to start with, and not crash once it is running? I am concerned that perhaps it needs a patch or something. When it works, I understand it's awesome though!

Majesty has crashed, a total blue screen, for me multiple times. However this is probably due to me playing other games at the same time (I swear sometimes I use my MMO as more of a chat program then a game...). So its been pretty reliable. Now the online service I have a problem with, and since I don't get disconected nearly as much with any other thing I do online I gotta assume its the service.

I played first 12 mission without single crashed. But when I reach the last chapter it crashed on me repeatly. Now I am on Hell Advisor, and it just crashed on me (That's why I'm here in the forum right now lol)

Ive played(single player) a few hours and only had one freeze situation. Multiplayer isnt going so well. Have only been able to join a game once in Gamespy and got an "out of sync" message after 2-3 minutes. LAN wise have tried 2 games. First when no one was really playing on the second machine everything was fine. Second game with activity on both machines ended with "out of sync" after 5-10 minutes.

It's locking up on me every 10 to 15 minutes.

My PC is an:

XP SP3
Intel E8400 (dual core 3Ghz)
2GB Ram
GeForce 9600GT 512MB

I've messed around with an assortment of graphical settings, from everything on max down to a mix of medium and low settings, doesn't seem to matter, still randomly crashes.

As it stands now, it's basically unplayable as after 3 hours I haven't even been able to make it past the second mission due to all the crashes and starting over from my last save point.

Where the hell is autosave? Kinda frightening that cyberlore didn't implement basic features that every game like this should have. See: autosave, skirmish etc.

I lost about 2 hours on teh dragon mission since i crashed out of nowhere.

Also, when I use quicksave or sometimes save in general during late game it seems to take about 5 minutes. Saving early game seems to happen very quickly so I"m not sure whats going on there.

Friends of mine with Windows 7 complained a lot about crashes/freezes so probably there is an issue there. I have XP and so far (all campaign missions minus the last one) haven't had any problem with the game, with everything on max, 1680x1050. I have a good rig, though.

Majesty 2 only crash twice on my system but i think it due to I use cheat engine type of software to mod the money. >_>

Steam Version of Majesty 2 on 1920 x 1080

Windows xp sp3 (I had clean install recently.)

AMD Phenom 2 940 OC to 3.4 Ghz
4 Ghz ddr2-1066
GTX 285

Majesty has crashed, a total blue screen

Do you remember the Blue screen code? I doubt it was the game, blue screens are hardware or driver related. Except for drivers software crashes don't give blue screens.

It's locking up on me every 10 to 15 minutes.

Do you notice the music stopping before it locks up? That's about how long you play before the game switches background music. If it really is freezing in a predictable pattern then it's more than likely a problem with a driver or audio codec. A buggy game tends to crash unpredictably.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit build 7100 and the game runs flawlessly so I doubt windows 7 is a problem. Many drivers cause problems with beta operating systems and unfortunately people tend to wrongly blame the OS or game.

Seems to be a reproducible bug on "trouble with the afterlife" mission. I have the end boss revenant in the NW all on his own. I send all my heroes up to end him and as soon as they engage him it crashes to desktop.

I have tried this 4 times now and not sure how to advance to be honest...

A little frustrated and dissapointed.

I'm playing it on Win7 and I haven't had a single crash so far, I've had a couple of temp freezes though.