• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, wait. Too many actions.

The DLC fix is intended for Steam, and only Steam. If you tried applying it to CS, it will break everything.
CS is an ancient build made in 2013 or so, nothing in the current game build is compatible with it.

If you want to have CS and collectors, the correct order would be:
Install CS, create a profile
Install Collectors'
Go to profiles, change CS profile to be 1 instead of 0 (to be second profile)
Apply DLC Fix to Collectors
Apply balancing patch to Collectors

Ok, I will test the order you describe,

But actually I did not apply the fix to CS (from what i am aware of,
cause as its installed in a entirely different folder.

I copied the files from dlcfix only to the Majesty 2 collectors in steam folder.

but in the CS readme it states that a existing installation and having to create a profile from the unmodified version of majesty 2 was required first, and then create a second profile in the CS build dedicated to CS only, in order to not lose campaign progress from vanilla majesty 2 + exp. But I guess that instruction applied to the old majesty 2 build, before steam?

When starting CS for the first time, after having autocreated profile from vanilla majesty 2, it will choose the profile 0, which was made in steam version, and maybe change it into the CS modified build version of profile instead, that may explain the Gamespy logo and asking for gamespy credentials in Multiplayer.

So it mean that steam collectors might conflict with CS, cause CS might overwrite the profile 0 (steam created) into the outdated way it worked before steam version, and the cause is that they use same profile folders.

Cross finger that it will work the order you propose, but i hope somehow you can find a solution to make CS be more compatible with steam version. Its a shame that the profile switching mechanic was removed in steam version, so its not compatible with the profile structure, CS is following.

But if i do it in the order you describe, will that prevent CS from overwriting the profile 0, when you start it for the first time, and automatically switch to profile 1?

Also from the fresh install of CS, it ask you to create the first profile, which is profile 0, do i need to create a new profile in CS, so there will be a Profile 0 and profile 1? Then delete profile 0, to make collectors create Profile 0?

Or do i just change the name of Profile 0 to Profile 1, then start collectors, to make it create profile 0, to be its default folder?

But will that ensure CS to be started with profile 1 and not overwrite profile 0 created by collectors?
Then do i go to the profile list to ensure profile 1 is the active one in CS?

This really is a bit complicated :p

Last edited:
All you have to do is copy of the 0 folder, rename it to 1, rename to 1 the file inside, give the profile a unique name, that's it. When you play, depending on version, you manually switch the active profile. All these diles are in the majesty2 folder, they are all simple text files that are editable.

All you have to do is copy of the 0 folder, rename it to 1, rename to 1 the file inside, give the profile a unique name, that's it. When you play, depending on version, you manually switch the active profile. All these diles are in the majesty2 folder, they are all simple text files that are editable.

Ok, i guess that worked. Just need to change the active profile to 0 in the profiles.list when playing with steam version and to 1 in CS.

Also the InstallDLC.exe tend to wipe out the profile names and order in the profiles.list. and replace whatever name created as profile 0, as "notblank" aka majesty. So CS wont recognize profile 1 and re-establish the list, with only "majesty" from profile 0, unless I manually insert the profile name to profile 1 again, and make that one active.

Also i hope that changing profile name in the profiles.list, wont affect anything in the steam version, that can prevent getting all dlc. Its just that having a profile name majesty, is a bit weird, instead of using the steam profile or one you choose yourself.

I tried installing the DLC fix on a fresh steam install. Also added the balance mod. But when the game starts, the loading screen flashes for a second, then the screen freezes and a short while after the game disappears from the action bar. I can't boot the game up.

EDIT: I'm now trying to re-install the dlc pack after refreshing the steam files, and I seem to be stuck on a file called "unit.inc" on the "entity" folder.
EDIT: Apparently that's a generic file name in the entity folder. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling majest 2 and then trying the install all over again.
EDIT: That did not work.
EDIT: I've been poking around the files, and I found the error log. It keeps saying a bunch of textures are duplicated.

Attachments

• M2_Error.log
    34,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was not able to reproduce your problem. I see the potions on this mission. I also see the potions on some other missions that I have tried. This is a surprise to me. I briefly checked the mission file for errors or restrictions and found none.

I have attached a save file with all missions unlocked. Please report if this issue emerges only on that one level or on some other levels as well.
how do u use this file? do i drop it in a folder or open it.
where do download the fixes for the bug?

wtf.jpg
:(:(:(:( i cant do this:(:(:(:(help

Greetings sweet people!

Hi got this message when running Majesty 2 steam version after applying DLCFix.bat

"Autorizathion error. Your login can be incorrect".

I did something wrong? :confused:

some extra info: checked in game, frost temple icon appears, but assasain icon not

Last edited:
I tried installing the DLC fix on a fresh steam install. Also added the balance mod. But when the game starts, the loading screen flashes for a second, then the screen freezes and a short while after the game disappears from the action bar. I can't boot the game up.

EDIT: I'm now trying to re-install the dlc pack after refreshing the steam files, and I seem to be stuck on a file called "unit.inc" on the "entity" folder.
EDIT: Apparently that's a generic file name in the entity folder. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling majest 2 and then trying the install all over again.
EDIT: That did not work.
EDIT: I've been poking around the files, and I found the error log. It keeps saying a bunch of textures are duplicated.
I had the same problem. There seems to be duplicated entries in the file Majesty 2 Collection\resource.mod\interface\enGUIne\texture_units.xml (some of them are 3 times). It is possible to see what causes the error in PC\Documents\majesty2\M2_Error.txt. I deleted all the duplicated entries and game works. Duplicated entries are under the sections <!--exp2--> and <!--exp3-->. However not the entire section in duplicated. You need to find when the error starts and ends and delete duplicates. Rerun the game after that see the error log again and repeat until game finally runs.

I also attached my finished texture_units.txt (you need to change its format to .xml, forum doesn't allow .xml).

Attachments

• texture_units.txt
    331,1 KB · Views: 0
Hello, Dev! Sadly, I experienced this issue just today, for the very first time, after I've been playing this game for/over 5 years without a single issue. Plus, on top of that, my (old) campaign progress also just disappeared for some reason. And other very recent saved games from (now missing) DLC was looking great untill I launch them, leading to a start over each of them. I suspect the issue to be related to some part of my profile, somewhere else than in the core of the game itself.

Applying your (complex & uncertified) update carefully, unless I did something wrong, did not fix anything. Or maybe we need a better tool for that fix. Game keeps stating, in French for me: "Can't connect to internet. Unable to verify purchased contents status. Purchased extensions will not be active." And indeed, at mid-storyline, I alrdy can see that DLCs are now missing.

I'd like to remind you that you promised a fixed/updated game would be available on Steam, years ago now. And, believe me, lots of big players are still enjoying such awesome game of yours, on a regular basis. We don't even understand why such good title is not still developed for internet.

If this game is still sold (and played), then it should still be supported, when the issue could be coming from elsewhere than from the game itself.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What the ever-lovin' crap? DX I'm trying to get the game running on Windows 11 -- I'm worried I won't be able to get the game functioning on here because the platform is too divergent from 10 and earlier. Any chance anyone knows what's going on? I followed the instructions precisely. (Frankly, it wasn't that elaborate a process.)

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    74,2 KB · Views: 0
in file resource.mod\interface\dynamic\menu\castle_menu.xml have the scripts

<Row>
<Button_1 action="CastleMenuItemClickAction" stateAction="CheckBuildAvailableAction" transition="castle_build_in_progress">
<appearance texture="But_build_guild_ice_mage" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="false" propertyBlock="action_but" userdata="guild_ice_mage" />
</Button_1>
<Button_2 action="CastleMenuItemClickAction" stateAction="CheckBuildAvailableAction" transition="castle_build_in_progress">
<appearance texture="But_build_guild_death_knight" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="false" propertyBlock="action_but" userdata="guild_death_knight" />
</Button_2>
<Button_4 transition="castle_main" hideGroupOnDeactivate="true" nextGroupAtActiveElement="false">
<appearance texture="BUT_action_back" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="true" propertyBlock="action_but" />
</Button_4>
</Row>

but I cannot see Lunord's temple next right Ice mage's temple on menu of castle

1633963964965.png

can you help me? thank you very much

Try running the game first. I'll add it to the head post. Sorry, have not tried in fresh install scenario.
This no longer works... we have lost access to all the dlc even after applying your fix correctly... something recently within the past month or two must have messed the fix up because I have been re-playing the series at a slow pace and all my dlc is gone like everyone else.... however i did make a lunord girl a lord of a land before whatever happened and I can still hire her... well i could until i tried a fresh reinstall to fix the issue... which it did not. Please get the community a working fix for the dlc.... we really enjoy it!

in file resource.mod\interface\dynamic\menu\castle_menu.xml have the scripts

<Row>
<Button_1 action="CastleMenuItemClickAction" stateAction="CheckBuildAvailableAction" transition="castle_build_in_progress">
<appearance texture="But_build_guild_ice_mage" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="false" propertyBlock="action_but" userdata="guild_ice_mage" />
</Button_1>
<Button_2 action="CastleMenuItemClickAction" stateAction="CheckBuildAvailableAction" transition="castle_build_in_progress">
<appearance texture="But_build_guild_death_knight" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="false" propertyBlock="action_but" userdata="guild_death_knight" />
</Button_2>
<Button_4 transition="castle_main" hideGroupOnDeactivate="true" nextGroupAtActiveElement="false">
<appearance texture="BUT_action_back" autoTexture="TEX_MASK" autoHint="true" propertyBlock="action_but" />
</Button_4>
</Row>

but I cannot see Lunord's temple next right Ice mage's temple on menu of castle

View attachment 764452

can you help me? thank you very much
did you ever get the missing content? i have had no luck so far