• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
This fix addresses all of the problems people had with the DLC/Shop/Offline play.
Tested on Standalone install + Steam.

This fix enables 4 DLC packs for game and for editor. Additionally, All original units that were available in Vanilla but were locked in Collection are available in the editor again.
This is a repack, meaning that all of the resources are now available for your modding pleasure.
You can create campaign and multiplayer missions as well! resource.mod folder now has a "map" folder which is fully compliant with the pak map folder structure.

Instructions:
Code:
1. Unpack the archive to any folder on hard drive.
2. Copy "resource.mod", "support", "M2Editor.exe", Majesty2.exe" and "DLCFix.bat" to your Majesty 2 Collection root folder (overwrite the contents)
  - If you have a steam version, your path will look similar to this: "Steam\steamapps\common\Majesty 2 Collection"
  - If you have a non-steam version, your path will be whatever your settings were when you installed the game.
3. Run DLCFix.bat. The window should close promptly, and delete itself.

Done!

Direct link to download.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions:
You've done something wonderful, thank you. Unfortunately I only own M2 and the expansions piecemeal so I'll have to buy the collection, but its worth it. Can anyone else confirm the fix works?

Updated the fix to latest, if you grabbed an earlier version consider redownloading.

If you applied the fix, to apply a hotfix you only need to copy resource.mod to majesty 2 root, ignore the rest of the steps.

Hey,

I am experiencing a problem when running the DLCFix.bat file. It starts up momentarily, only to show an error message saying that the "system cannot find the file specified" and "fixdata.exe is not recognized" + a couple of lines of text that I have a hard time reading, because the pop-up closes almost immediately.

I noticed that the fixdata file is not named as an .exe file, but I don't know much about these things.

Hey,

I am experiencing a problem when running the DLCFix.bat file. It starts up momentarily, only to show an error message saying that the "system cannot find the file specified" and "fixdata.exe is not recognized" + a couple of lines of text that I have a hard time reading, because the pop-up closes almost immediately.

I noticed that the fixdata file is not named as an .exe file, but I don't know much about these things.

Your fixdata and DLCFix.bat should be in the same folder, in the root dir with the game exacutables. This error means that you are missing fixdata in the same dir.

EDIT:
I looked more into the problem, it seems that for some reason on Windows Vista, and under some properties the actual path called with the commands from bat is different than the bat's path. I think I addressed it by forcing a bat's path on every command.

Last edited:
Thank you for this fix. I bought M2 Collection, even though I already owned the base game and expansions.

I ran dlcfix.bat in my M2C root folder, and while it seems to run and delete itself as well as fixdata, there is a message after running that says "The batch file cannot be found."

I then applied the change to the profile folder and profile file. How do I know if the fix has worked? I haven't played Majesty 2 since it was released, I do not remember what the DLCs are - I know there are ice mages and some other type of hero.

This fix is working for me it appears! @Node , I verified it was working by finding and clicking on a "temple" building spot on the ground. And I got the "ghosted" options (cause I don't have the requirements this early in the level) to build an Ice Mage tower, etc. I also just noticed you can simply click a rogue and see if he has a ghosted icon to upgrade to an assassin.

Last edited:
Thank you for this fix. I bought M2 Collection, even though I already owned the base game and expansions.

I ran dlcfix.bat in my M2C root folder, and while it seems to run and delete itself as well as fixdata, there is a message after running that says "The batch file cannot be found."

I then applied the change to the profile folder and profile file. How do I know if the fix has worked? I haven't played Majesty 2 since it was released, I do not remember what the DLCs are - I know there are ice mages and some other type of hero.

As @Codone mentioned, start any mission, and go to temple screen. You should see Lunord and Ice mage temples on the last row.

Thanks for reporting the issue, it is a bug. Just fixed it. It is not critical, and will not affect the outcome of a patch.

As @Codone mentioned, start any mission, and go to temple screen. You should see Lunord and Ice mage temples on the last row.

Thanks for reporting the issue, it is a bug. Just fixed it. It is not critical, and will not affect the outcome of a patch.
Thanks! The link to the download disappeared in your original post, I think.

I still get that error message when I run dlcfix.bat from the command prompt, but it doesn't matter too much. The fix is working, I can see the building to ice mages and assassins greyed out on my temples submenu. Very happy right now.

Important info came from Steam user Blubal:

The bat will fail if you do not have the latest version of visual studio 2015 redistributables for x86 architecture.
The reason is simple: I used VS 2015 x86 platform to build this fix and forgot that not everyone has the redists :)

If you are running into the problem, simply download the redistributables from Microsoft website:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

I tried the fix again, and it now gives me an Application error concerning fixdata.exe. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
I do however have the Ice mage available in game, but not the assassin, so I am not quite sure if it is working or not.

Tried googling that error and there seem to be many fixes available...I tried a couple of them, but no luck so far. I just hope I haven't completely screwed up my system install with the so called "fixes" :confused:

Do you have the VS redist for x86 installed?

EDIT:
Apparently for some people (mentions systems that were not up to date) have problems with 32 bit apps on win 7. Instead of looking for solution I provided a fix for x64.

Note that you still need VS2015 x64 redist package.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fix! It seems to be working for me now. I am playing on a 64 bit system, and the latest hotfix was indeed the thing that was needed.

THANKS MAN! This fix really worked! And not the official fixes which took me a lot of time wasted! Thanks for this fix! FUCK THE DEVELOPERS; PIRATE THEM TO DEATH! TYRANNY TORRENT ON MY WAY!

Installed the game on steam for the first time and my profile folder doesn't show in my document. Was I suppose to run the game first to create it? Now the game doesn't work because I couldn't apply the fix completely and I don't have access to my document part to copy the map folder.

The base game didn't work but I managed to start the expansion with the first part of your fix applied, it created the missing folder and everything went fine after that (the base game works too). Thanks!

Reactions: