• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This fix addresses all of the problems people had with the DLC/Shop/Offline play.
Tested on Standalone install + Steam.

This fix enables 4 DLC packs for game and for editor. Additionally, All original units that were available in Vanilla but were locked in Collection are available in the editor again.
This is a repack, meaning that all of the resources are now available for your modding pleasure.
You can create campaign and multiplayer missions as well! resource.mod folder now has a "map" folder which is fully compliant with the pak map folder structure.

Instructions:
Code:
1. Unpack the archive to any folder on hard drive.
2. Copy "resource.mod", "support", "M2Editor.exe", Majesty2.exe" and "DLCFix.bat" to your Majesty 2 Collection root folder (overwrite the contents)
  - If you have a steam version, your path will look similar to this: "Steam\steamapps\common\Majesty 2 Collection"
  - If you have a non-steam version, your path will be whatever your settings were when you installed the game.
3. Run DLCFix.bat. The window should close promptly, and delete itself.

Done!

Cheers.

[/QUOTE]

any word on when we might see a new fix for this issue? as something recently has broken it again :(

Last edited:
I've been trying to build a mod for this game, and this issue has gotten in my way, so I've spent all night playing with the DLC fix stuff to determine where the problem is. I think I've found at least a workaround, if not a fix. I found two items of note in my testing tonight:
1) The DLCFix.bat removal of all the resource packs is unnecessary. The DLCFix.bat can be reduced to:
@Echo off
pushd %~dp0
cd support
InstallDLC.exe /VERYSILENT
InstallSampleMaps.exe /VERYSILENT
M2CollectionDLCRepair.exe /VERYSILENT
cd ..
popd

2) There is a conflict between the DLCFix version resource.mod\gameData\magic\spells.xml and resource\resource_pp_01.pak, causing the following error: "Assert failed, elems <= static_size, D:\M2_Assembling\_temp.source\M2_PC_MasterRelease_Paradox\Common\StdLibrary/Std/Array.h, StdLib::StackArray<struct Game::Magic::Spell,50>::reserve, 74". I'm not certain, but it looks like the spell list is overflowing a statically sized array with only 50 elements, and the spell list in resource.mod file is 45 spells long (so something is being added to it). I shortened mine to 29 spells by removing all the mks spells, everything from line 355 -> 562, and the game starts just fine. I was then able to cast spells, upgrade mages to ice mages and rogues to assassins. I haven't tested all the new spells because it's late and I don't feel like it. :)

TLDR: The game works if you restore all the resource packs and reduce the DLCFix.bat to the text shown above in 1). If you then edit resource.mod\gameData\magic\spells.xml and remove everything from lines 355 -> 562, the game will work for everything except Monster Kingdom. If you want to play Monster Kingdom, try removing some other spells you don't care about instead.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks, @sajaxom. I can confirm that I no longer get the failed assert error if I take those steps with a fresh install.

Edit: Played around with this a bit more. Battles of Ardania and Monster Kingdom never work using this approach. Both of them complain about a missing asset - lizardman_phoenix_mk_attack. Might be a typo of lizardman_phoenix_mks_attack, which does exist in resource.mod\gameData\units\unit_actions.xml. I copied the entry for lizardman_phoenix_mks_attack, pasted it right below itself and then removed the 's' off 'mks'. This removed the error and caused Battles of Ardania to work. Monster Kingdom still doesn't.

Worth noting that both Battles of Ardania and Monster Kingdom need very large amounts of entries removed from spells.xml. The result of spells missing is that you aren't able to cast them ingame, so think about what to remove from that perspective. For example, if you're not playing the base Majesty 2, remove all the 'regal_' spells, since those were only available in the base campaign after getting the artifacts.

Last edited:
So the DLCfix doesn't work anymore? It used to work for me but it doesn't work anymore when I install and apply the fix on my new laptop.

I can't see Assassin Temple. I haven't confirmed if blacksmith has level 5 or heroes still have new skills. Does anyone know?

pls fix. help.........

Please, Paradox, do something to fix that good old Majesty 2 Collection, that is still sold on Steam and other platforms.
I'm pretty sure Players will gladly pay the ones that would work on a new fix. Any way to contribute? Students could be happy to be involved...
This title would also be fantastic for the cloud-gaming and any other platform.