• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Vlad302002

Recruit
May 12, 2019
Мы кстати тоже готовим очень крутую сборку с многими исправлениями карт. Выглядит очень круто)

masterslay

Recruit
70 Badges
Feb 26, 2020
  • Impire
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Magicka
  • Gettysburg
Wait, wait. Too many actions.

The DLC fix is intended for Steam, and only Steam. If you tried applying it to CS, it will break everything.
CS is an ancient build made in 2013 or so, nothing in the current game build is compatible with it.

If you want to have CS and collectors, the correct order would be:
Install CS, create a profile
Install Collectors'
Go to profiles, change CS profile to be 1 instead of 0 (to be second profile)
Apply DLC Fix to Collectors
Apply balancing patch to Collectors
Ok, I will test the order you describe,

But actually I did not apply the fix to CS (from what i am aware of,
cause as its installed in a entirely different folder.

I copied the files from dlcfix only to the Majesty 2 collectors in steam folder.

but in the CS readme it states that a existing installation and having to create a profile from the unmodified version of majesty 2 was required first, and then create a second profile in the CS build dedicated to CS only, in order to not lose campaign progress from vanilla majesty 2 + exp. But I guess that instruction applied to the old majesty 2 build, before steam?

When starting CS for the first time, after having autocreated profile from vanilla majesty 2, it will choose the profile 0, which was made in steam version, and maybe change it into the CS modified build version of profile instead, that may explain the Gamespy logo and asking for gamespy credentials in Multiplayer.

So it mean that steam collectors might conflict with CS, cause CS might overwrite the profile 0 (steam created) into the outdated way it worked before steam version, and the cause is that they use same profile folders.

Cross finger that it will work the order you propose, but i hope somehow you can find a solution to make CS be more compatible with steam version. Its a shame that the profile switching mechanic was removed in steam version, so its not compatible with the profile structure, CS is following.

But if i do it in the order you describe, will that prevent CS from overwriting the profile 0, when you start it for the first time, and automatically switch to profile 1?

Also from the fresh install of CS, it ask you to create the first profile, which is profile 0, do i need to create a new profile in CS, so there will be a Profile 0 and profile 1? Then delete profile 0, to make collectors create Profile 0?

Or do i just change the name of Profile 0 to Profile 1, then start collectors, to make it create profile 0, to be its default folder?

But will that ensure CS to be started with profile 1 and not overwrite profile 0 created by collectors?
Then do i go to the profile list to ensure profile 1 is the active one in CS?

This really is a bit complicated :p

Last edited:

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
All you have to do is copy of the 0 folder, rename it to 1, rename to 1 the file inside, give the profile a unique name, that's it. When you play, depending on version, you manually switch the active profile. All these diles are in the majesty2 folder, they are all simple text files that are editable.

masterslay

Recruit
70 Badges
Feb 26, 2020
  • Impire
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Magicka
  • Gettysburg
All you have to do is copy of the 0 folder, rename it to 1, rename to 1 the file inside, give the profile a unique name, that's it. When you play, depending on version, you manually switch the active profile. All these diles are in the majesty2 folder, they are all simple text files that are editable.
Ok, i guess that worked. Just need to change the active profile to 0 in the profiles.list when playing with steam version and to 1 in CS.

Also the InstallDLC.exe tend to wipe out the profile names and order in the profiles.list. and replace whatever name created as profile 0, as "notblank" aka majesty. So CS wont recognize profile 1 and re-establish the list, with only "majesty" from profile 0, unless I manually insert the profile name to profile 1 again, and make that one active.

Also i hope that changing profile name in the profiles.list, wont affect anything in the steam version, that can prevent getting all dlc. Its just that having a profile name majesty, is a bit weird, instead of using the steam profile or one you choose yourself.

Evono

Recruit
Jul 10, 2020
as soon as i install the DLC fix on the steam version after the Batch file I get a Recource integrity check failed and cant start majesty 2 anymore.

EktorGomes

Second Lieutenant
53 Badges
Jul 2, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars
I tried installing the DLC fix on a fresh steam install. Also added the balance mod. But when the game starts, the loading screen flashes for a second, then the screen freezes and a short while after the game disappears from the action bar. I can't boot the game up.

EDIT: I'm now trying to re-install the dlc pack after refreshing the steam files, and I seem to be stuck on a file called "unit.inc" on the "entity" folder.
EDIT: Apparently that's a generic file name in the entity folder. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling majest 2 and then trying the install all over again.
EDIT: That did not work.
EDIT: I've been poking around the files, and I found the error log. It keeps saying a bunch of textures are duplicated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Langenberg85

Recruit
Aug 9, 2020
I was not able to reproduce your problem. I see the potions on this mission. I also see the potions on some other missions that I have tried. This is a surprise to me. I briefly checked the mission file for errors or restrictions and found none.

I have attached a save file with all missions unlocked. Please report if this issue emerges only on that one level or on some other levels as well.
how do u use this file? do i drop it in a folder or open it.
where do download the fixes for the bug?

Hansiasty

Recruit
6 Badges
Aug 10, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Age of Wonders III
nie mam Lunord temple and Smith 4 poziom, proszę o pomoc
Upewnij się czy podczas kopiowania folderów z fixem wypakowałeś również pliki z folderu ENG. Ja osobiście robiąc na szybko o tym zapomniałem.
Jedyny problem mam to taki, że spolszczenie mi nie działa, steam wykrywa błędy i mówi że mam zrobić reinstall.

Tyfun

Recruit
Aug 11, 2020
Upewnij się czy podczas kopiowania folderów z fixem wypakowałeś również pliki z folderu ENG. Ja osobiście robiąc na szybko o tym zapomniałem.
Jedyny problem mam do taki, że spolszczenie mi nie działa, steam wykrywa błędy i mówi że mam reinstall.
mi kampania nie chce działac jak daje spolszczenie

Last edited: