• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

brynjulv

Recruit
59 Badges
Jun 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Hello,

The Majesty 2 Collection as sold on Steam advertises the inclusion of the stuff that was at one point sold in the in-game Majesty 2 shop. That includes the Assassin class, level 4 weapon upgrades, and more.

Unfortunately, this seems to rely upon handshaking with a DRM server. This was later patched, ("M2CollectionDLCRepair") so that it now sends the request to a server on the gamersgate.com-domain.

Unfortunately, this no longer works as the webservice now returns a 500 internal server error, leading to the game thinking it can't validate your dlc and thus denying access to it.

Would it be possible to either patch out the reliance on the drm server, or at the very least get GamersGate to fix their webservice? As it stands, the Majesty 2 Collection advertises content it does not actually make available to the customer...

Reactions:
Yeah, I can confirm that I've encountered this issue today. I hadn't booted Majesty 2 in a year or so, and back when I was playing it exclusively I did purchase all of the DLC from the ingame store, as well as the expansion packs.

Upon re-installing tonight, the game & expansion packs all install OK, however when you start the game it fails to connect to the in game store, and specifically tells me that I can not accessed the purchased items until connection to the internet is restored (obviously I'm connected, and it used to work).

Error upon starting the game & connecting to the ingame store.
Majesty 2 no internet connection.png

Error confirming that the DLC items once purchased are not currently accessible.
Majesty 2 DLC inactive error.png
"No Internet connection. Impossible to check the status of purchased content. Purchased expansions are inactive.""

Can someone please reboot the server that hosts this stuff, or patch the game so that everyone gets the DLC?

Reactions:
I can solve this problem with a hack, but only if a Paradox representative approves it, and there is no other valid way to address it.
I'd just do it . They clearly don't care at this point. Which is a real fucking shame, because the expansions have an enormous amount of content, that we all paid for many years ago.

Reactions: