• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

antonius007

Private
3 Badges
Jan 25, 2013
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
Majesty 2 Cold Sunrise is in my humble opinion the best and biggest (fan-made thus free) expansion for Majesty 2.

It was released back in October 2011, but nowadays it can only be downloaded via the torrent system from the internet, since the developers website has been shutdown.
To overcome this problem, I have put the original Cold Sunrise install-file on my FTP-server, so you won't need a torrent-client to get it.

It can be downloaded from here with your browser or via a ftp-client program:

ftp://213.197.35.50/

The FTP-server will prompt you for a login-name and password:

Enter as login: Cold
and as password: Sunrise

Both my singleplayer mission maps can be downloaded from it as well.
("Codename Antonius": Antonius.zip and "Allies vs. Evil": Allies.zip)

Have fun!

Majesty 2 - Cold Sunrise DVD hul.jpg

This was by the way the original introduction text when it was released:

Majesty 2: Cold Sunrise is a 4th expansion to the Majesty 2 game. What makes it different from first 3 expansions?

1. Cold Sunrise is a global modification that provides you with a whole new customizable base for Majesty 2 modding. It allows full control over the Editor, custom unit, building and in-game value modifications. Modding Majesty 2 has never been that easy.

2. A whole new 9 mission campaign to enjoy! Continue on Your Majesty's and his faithful Advisor's adventures to the North!

3. New Singleplayer and Multiplayer missions! Enjoy a whole set of custom-made high quality unique singleplayer and multiplayer missions! They include some old FF missions, as well as brand new, never seen before maps!

4. Unique mechanics! Play against computer opponents who attack, defend and cooperate with you on your fight through Majesty 2 missions!

5. Brand new looks! This expansion adds a whole bunch of new textures, objects and units to the game to randomize the gameplay.

6. Difficulty settings! Tired of getting beaten? Or probably, the game is too easy for ye? Or you would like to join your buddy on the internets to play some games togehter? A DIFFICULTY SELECTOR tool will allow you customize your gaming experience and adapt the game to your liking!

7. A highly detailed, step-by-step Editor Manual will be included with the release to get you started!

After 2 years of intense development and problem-solving, we finally bring you this wonderful expansion, by fans - for fans. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• Majesty 2 Cold Sunrise Logo.jpg
    Majesty 2 Cold Sunrise Logo.jpg
    51,1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
I think I am pulling a dead horse now, but here in the Netherlands we have a expression: If you don't shoot, you'll always miss.

Who knows, maybe we get a few people playing this awesome mod.
I hope that the maps I've converted/made, will help to let the people (re)discover it.
Since my maps are not too diffiicult to play, maybe it will motivate the gamers to play this mod (again).

It would be a true loss if people would miss the fun you can have with "Cold Sunrise".

I am receiving an error when attempting to run the stand-alone missions 'Codename Antonius' and 'Allies Against Evil'. I am running the Impulse AKA Gamestop version of Majesty 2, running it under both baseline Majesty 2 and Monster Kingdom. I own all expansions, I BELIEVE they are all patched up, however it's difficult to be certain. I will note that they are freshly installed from the app, to the extent that I had to CREATE the 'user_maps' folder for them to go into. I will also note that there's no shop or DLC option in my version. It's a running oddity that I have no DLC or any such thing.

____

Allies vs Evil:

Error message window is called 'editor [GEM] - Exception'.
In Monster Kingdom, error reads:

Building piece tower_goblin_ground_tower_goblin[2324]: missing owner building!
(\BuildingPiece.cpp, 506)
>>load mission "/map/single_missions/allies/allies.mi"
>

43712: {ownerbuilding 0x9cc<<}
43713: {placename "dummy04"}
43714: }
43715: }
43716: {extenders 0x915

____

In baseline Majesty 2, the error reads:

Building piece banner02[2728]: missing owner building!
(\BuildingP.cpp, 506)
>> load mission "/map/single_missions/allies/allies.mi"
>

53917: {ownerbuilding 0xd<<}
53918: {placename "banner_fx_point_01"}
53919: }
53920: }
53921: {extenders 0xd56

____

Codename Antonius

In Monster Kingdom, error reads:

Building piece banner02[2422]: missing owner building!
(\BuildingPiece.cpp, 506)
>> load mission "/map/single_missions/antonius/antonius.mi"
>

47620: {ownerbuilding 0x922<<}
47621: {placename "banner_fx_point_01"}
47622: }
47623: }
47624: {extenders 0x981

____

In baseline Majesty 2, error reads the same as in Monster Kingdom.

Last edited:
I am sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier:
Before you tried to play both maps, did you install the Cold Sunrise expansian for Majesty 2 as well?

I ask this, because if I look at your log, I am afraid you didn't.
Both maps run only in this expansion!
However, if you did install it already, it is possible your version of Majesty 2 (the Impulse AKA Gamestop one), is not compatible with them.

I must admit, I was not aware more versions of Majesty 2 exist, other than the regular/boxed and the Steam-version.

Testing this I didn't know it neither and I felt like playing again majesty 2 now...
Well I find there are good ideas (make units more responsive to flags and to monsters is good), but on the other hand either they are really fragile now or the fire units are very strong, it's a slaughter in the 1st map of the campagin !
+ these missions where you are told to do quickly and you don't know anything about the map so you can't go quick are really frustrating, there should be an option in majesty 2 to have some basic infos on the map when it's not hostile territory like where the trading posts are, here you loose a lot of time finding them, and when you finally can reach them, you have armies of all-powerful fire units falling on your base !
Too bad...

Also is there a way to use the dlcs from the normal game with this one ? (just to know, they might break balance so maybe it's not a good idea).
Is there a way to play normal missions with this ? I guess just move the resources file should be enough for that no ? (because having more responsive units everywhere is probably a good idea !).

Anyway thanks for your job and congratulations !

Also apparently the enemy is more organized, moving units in groups and attacking anything they encounter on the road, but maybe it's too organized for majesty 2 because there is no easy way to put something to counter this (groups using inns, ok, but you don't have time for this in the 1st mission of the campaign !).

Oh, also, the original majesty 2 authors don't seem to have noticed that, but the part which is the most addictive in majesty 2 is NOT the difficulty, actually too much difficulty ruins the fun, it's more about fun and original, sometimes spectacular situations, I sometimes think it would be good to remake the game with less focus on money and more on unity, it would probably be even more addictive !

Last edited:
It was released back in October 2011, but nowadays it can only be downloaded via the torrent system from the internet, since the developers website has been shutdown.
To overcome this problem, I have put the original Cold Sunrise install-file on my FTP-server, so you won't need a torrent-client to get it.

ftp://37.251.10.197

Is this ftp link still active?

ftp://37.251.10.197

Is this ftp link still active?

Nope, It isn't. The FTP server with all the files has been moved to this location: ftp://213.197.35.50/

I have edited the original post occordingly.

Merry Christmas all! ;)

Last edited: