• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 10, 2010
Can anyone who has developed the game, answer to such question, thanks.

If anyone who hasn´t done that, wants to answer: how do you get to your conclusions on how FG works?. Such a fucking mistery... lol.

Last edited:
Unless you're a pirate or something, I can't imagine any of the Prima Guides being online, just as one example of a group of text... I imagine there's other groups as well...

Ojcar, I'm not a particularly tactful individual myself, but I reckon you'd get more of a response if you waited patiently/politely for someone who knows exactly how the fairgrounds work to reply. Or perhaps send a PM to Dumble. Politely.

quoting for posterity. Im not asking to get the guide, i was asking fairground mechanics... does anyone really knows how the hell fairgrounds works?. lol, this is getting funnier.

You're right, this is pretty funny, as at this point in time (as referenced by Kallocain's answer and already known by Maj1 vets), the Prima Guide would probably have the mechanics and be your best shot at an answer. That is, if you're familiar with Prima Guides in general and what they contain.

According to the Prima guide (I own it), each combatant in a tournament (max 8) gains 1000 experience points per combatant, divided by their rank in the tournament. The winner gains a level if there were more than four combatants. In addition, heroes can boost one of their combat stats if they pay 400 gold.

Thanks Marata. Now I'm curious...

How do each of the tourneys work (H2H, Ranged, and Magic)?
What does it mean by "rank in the tournament"? By their placement?
Does their decision tree decide if they pay 400 gold? If not, does it say what does?

Thanks Marata. Now I'm curious...

How do each of the tourneys work (H2H, Ranged, and Magic)?
What does it mean by "rank in the tournament"? By their placement?
Does their decision tree decide if they pay 400 gold? If not, does it say what does?

i knew fairgrounds is a little can of worms lol:rofl:

for example:

-what is a "decision tree", how such thing works as an AI?.

-what is a rank in majesty. Not a level?.

Last edited:
I can just answer the first one a little bit (without the Guide, which undoubtably explains it more). The decision tree is what "tells" the hero what to do, so for a Ranger, a great weight would be placed on "Exploring", like "Patrolling" for an Adept or who has a great chance to respond to reward flags. From what I've read in the Mod forum here, a similiar system was implemented for Maj2, although for a Ranger, that "weight" was greatly lessened :) But how a hero decides to Buy a Healing Potion vs Returning to Guild or Wander, I don't know...

Melee tournament is decided by hand to hand ability, ranged tournament by (you guessed it) ranged attack ability, magic tournament by intelligence. Combo tournament consists of all three phases. No specifics are given whether highest stat wins automatically or some randomization is involved.

No specifics are given for decision to boost stats either.

By "rank in tournament" I assume they mean the ranking of the combatants after the tournament has been decided. So the combatant in last place earns 1/8 of the points (if 8 combatants took part).

Last edited: