• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings Wizards!

Here be answers to your most common questions or concerns.

Please let us know if you feel something is missing.

What is Magicka 2?

To rid the world of evil, again, up to four Wizards, and their guide Vlad, will traverse Midgård armed with the next iteration of the famous Magicka dynamic spellcasting system, as players reprise their roles as the most overpowered, unpredictably funny Wizards ever known to fantasy!

• As an all-powerful Wizard, you will have thousands of spells at your fingertips to experiment and defeat evil with, use them together with special Magicks to annihilate foes or give necessary aid to your companions.
  • Combine up to five elements at a time and work together with—or against—your friends for that full Magicka co-op experience.
  • Full co-op support! All levels and game modes in Magicka 2 will be supported for four player co-op with hot join, checkpoints, and other supportive features and functionality.
  • Friendly fire is always on, promoting emergent gameplay humor as players accidentally hurt or kill their friends in their attempts to annihilate enemies.

Who is behind this game?
The game is developed by Pieces Interactive and Paradox Arctic, whilst published and produced by Paradox Interactive.

I purchased the game (pre order) via a non-steam retailer. How and when do I get my key?
If you purchased from our Paradoxplaza store you will get a key in your email inbox (the address you used to purchase Magicka 2) as soon as the game is released on Steam.

In the case of pre-ordering via a third party official retailer you will need to check their site in order to find what key distribution systems are used. Please make sure to contact their support in case of key delivery troubles.

On what systems can I play Magicka 2?
Currently released: PC (Steam) and PlayStation 4
Upcoming later this year: Linux and Mac

What different versions are available, and what’s their price?
PRE ORDER ONLY also included:
  • Headmaster Robe (MWW Also) with 2 skins
  • Headmaster Sword (MWW Also)
  • Headmaster Staff (MWW Also)
  • PS4 only - Magicka 2 theme

Standard Edition (PC & PS4) $14.99

• Base Game

Deluxe Edition (PC ONLY) $24.99

• Base Game
  • Epic Robe with 2 skins
  • Epic Sword
  • Epic Staff
  • Cultist Robe
  • Cultist Sword
  • Cultist Staff
  • Interactive Midgård map
  • M1 OST Orchestral

Special Edition (PS4 ONLY) $19.99 (was $17.99 on the pre-order)

• Base Game
  • Epic Robe with 2 skins
  • Epic Sword
  • Epic Staff
  • Cultist Robe with 2 skins
  • Cultist Sword
  • Cultist Staff
  • Magicka 2 Vlad Theme (PSN)

How do I claim my pre-order/deluxe items in Magicka: Wizard Wars?
Claim your Steam key on your Paradox account here:

When you log in to Magicka: Wizard Wars (using this account) you will be prompted to claim your items.

I got the Deluxe Edition - where do I find that interactive Map?
In steam:
  1. Right click Magicka 2.
  2. Click Properties
  3. Click Local Files
  4. Click BROWSE LOCAL FILES...
Voila! The map is in the “Interactive Map” folder.

I got the Deluxe Edition - where do I find the Magicka 1 orchestral sound track?
In steam:
  1. Right click Magicka 2.
  2. Click Properties
  3. Click Local Files
  4. Click BROWSE LOCAL FILES...
Magicka 1 Orchestral soundtrack

So it’s co-op, how does that work?
You either join via the internet or play locally, or both. It’s a mix’n’match deal where you can play several people locally and be joined by an online friend. Ah, technology, you so cool.

Is the co-op cross platform?
No. You can only play with people on the same system as you.

Friendly fire? What’s the deal?
Killing your close ones is a core part of the Magicka experience. It can even be a tactical advantage, or well, make it easier to hit the enemies when no one stands in front of your spells.

What are the system requirements?
MINIMUM:
Processor: CPU: 3GHz Dual Core (Intel Pentium G3220 or higher / AMD A4-4000 or higher)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 550 or better / ATI Radeon HD 5850 or better
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.8GHz Quad Core (Intel Core i5-2300 or higher / AMD A8-3850 or higher)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 640 or better / ATI Radeon HD 6670 or better
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

What are Artifacts?
Game changers! Artifacts are modifiers and switches that will change the way you play, sometimes just a bit, at other times more drastically. Never play a level the same way twice with the added customization via Artifacts!

Where can I leave feedback to the developers?
Our official forums found here.

I have a bug/issue - how do I get help?
The first step is always to look through our technical support forums for users with similar issues. Our producers and developers are often active in responding here and you will find many a workaround.

If your issue has not been posted, please consider posting a new thread detailing the problem.

In the case of your problem being related to the game purchase, delivery or similar problems. Please contact our support agents. This is also your go-to solution when the steps above have failed.

Is Vlad a vampire?
No, why would you even ask such a question? He’s a really rad guy, actually. Always stays up so late (partying, probably) that he has to sleep all day. That’s quite some dedication.

Known issues and workarounds

Not possible to change key bindings
It is not possible to rebind keyboard controls. We are working to give you this feature in a future update.

Screen out of bounds
Repeatedly Changing from Higher to Lower resolutions can cause much of the game to end up out of bounds (outside the screen). Restart the game makes everything look normal again.

Wizard healthbar not above wizard in some resolutions
The Health bar is offset in some resolutions, including:
800x600
1152x864
1280x960
1280x1024

PS4: Pressing PS-button does not pause the game.
Beware!

Eternal load screen
Joining a game just the microsecond before the host Retries an adventure level, will cause the host to get stuck in load screen. Quit and return if this happens to you. Then buy a lottery ticket.

Lost Steam connection during start up = endless loading
Losing connection to Steam during game boot up might cause an endless loading pop up. Just kill it and start the game again. (Yes of course the game can be played offline. But it gets grumpy if you lose connection in the middle of start up).

PSN: Error code CE-37700-7
This is a PSN issue and we don’t have a fix for it. We’re talking to Sony and hope this will be resolved soon. If you’re experiencing this issue and the game is not released yet in your region (only pre-loaded) please wait until the game is out and try again.

STEAM - Installation error - Disk read error
This issue can be caused by a bad section on your hard drive or just be resolved by restarting steam/your computer.

If a restart does not work then do following

A.
Run error checking on your hard drive.
Check if it works
If nr 2 does not work then try a uninstall then reinstall

Error-checking can be found by right clicking on your hard drive, selecting properties then tools.

B.
Uninstall the game
Make a new library in a different location on the hard drive
Install the game in the new location

This is not the games fault but an issue that have been found when installing various games.

There is a way of checking what the game is complaining about, just follow these steps after trying to install the game.

Go to program files(x86)
Enter steam
logs
Open this file: Content_log
Scroll down to the bottom and check for a line that says for example:(Disk read error) and looks like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Magicka 2\data (Disk read failure)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I see no entry in known issues about the "Unable to communicate with paradox server" problem, isn't that a known issue?

It's a known issue now and we're working on patching it ASAP. Sorry, will get an updated FAQ.