Magicka 2 Receives Deadly Furious Ice in New "Ice, Death, and Fury" DLC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Escher

Senior Community Manager
19 Badges
Oct 7, 2013
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses

Magicka 2 Receives Deadly Furious Ice in New
"Ice, Death, and Fury" DLC

New Boss Fights, Game Modes, Robes, Weapons, and Friendly-fire Incidents Included

STOCKHOLM — Dec. 15, 2015 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games for chill people, today released “Ice, Death, and Fury” for Magicka 2, a new DLC set which adds all new ways to play with your combustible companions. The DLC, which contains ice, death, and fury in a broad variety of styles and combinations, is available today for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Magicka 2, the critically exclaimed game that lets you spell “success” using electrified healing steam, can be played in brand-new game modes using the new DLC, and also challenges players to new boss fights and new questionable fashion advice with a new set of robes and weapons. To get “Ice, Death, and Fury,” visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/magicka-2-ice-death-and-fury.

Icy what we did here in this new video sneak peek:
Magicka 2 brings players a vampire-free co-op action experience, featuring a creative spellcasting system where eight elements can be combined to generate a massive variety of destructive and occasionally productive effects. In the new “Ice, Death, and Fury” DLC set, new challenges and gameplay features have been added to the game, including:
  • Meet the New Bosses: Do battle with all-new standalone boss encounters, such as Insane Maxi, Mr. Carrot, and The Great Porkolino!!
  • Be On your Midgard: Use your cunning, creativity, and human-shield friends to survive new scenarios such as “Protect the King,” “Troll Cave,” “Darkness,” and “Old Wizards”
  • The Robe Warriors: Wear some sweet new wizard robes and weapons, including the “Death Apprentice Robe,” the “Crow Staff,” the “Robe of Riviera,” and a pearl-handled revolver, “Ol’ Trusty Rusty”

For more information on Magicka 2, visit www.Magicka2.com.

Reactions:
Can't wait to buy the compiled pack of all the DLCs you will release whenever you make it.

Question, does the gun actually shoot or does it have the same, dare I say, shitty hit animation the rest of the weapons have :)?

Is this game good?

That was a really good one DLC, but i`ve already played magicka 2 over, and over, and over! I am really looking forward a new expansion. Anyone has some information about the future of Magicka 2, or Magicka in general?

Reactions:
So after months of being unable to play this (because of some weird bug) I've finally managed to get a taste of this update. Here's what I think.

The troll cave and protect the king were the weakest parts of this DLC. It felt like early levels that got scrapped from development and someone decided to reuse them later.

Maxi fight was brilliant. The only gripe I have with it is that running over means instant death, but I guess it's fair considering Maxi's speed

The darkness level, although a bit annoying with its pits, really shines as it makes use of spell lighting and forces a bit different playstyle. I liked it.

Fighting the Old Wizards felt like a run-up to a bigger boss, and I like it a lot. I could only nitpiick, that wizards themselves don't have as many spells in their arsenal as I would have liked, but it's ok. I enjoyed learning their attack patterns.

Mr. Carrot was a very interesting fight to me, although it got slightly ridiculous with amount of minions. The invulnerability mechanic, although doesn't stand out, would constantly throw me off-guard, but I suppose that's what it was meant to do.

The Great Porkolino is, in my opinion, the best boss battle in M2, save for Lok and a couple others. It was a brilliant puzzle that I enjoyed solving. (those rabbits are the most annoying thing in existence :D )

Cosmetics are nice, and new magicks felt good to use.

So, overall...

Good job, people. You've made it good. :)