• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(57070)

First Lieutenant
May 16, 2006
I want to fiddle around a bit with Magellan but I'm experiencing difficulties using mextract. It says it can't find the EU2 base directory. In which directory should I place Magellan or which command line should I use? I've tried mextract.exe mymap.eu2map but I can't get it to work :(

Many thanks!

Fortuyn said:
I want to fiddle around a bit with Magellan but I'm experiencing difficulties using mextract. It says it can't find the EU2 base directory. In which directory should I place Magellan or which command line should I use? I've tried mextract.exe mymap.eu2map but I can't get it to work :(

Many thanks!

I recommend you to place magellan on your hard drive in the space where you have windows and program files folders so that you don't need to type long directions every time you are using magellan. ;)

Well I just do:

1. Go to Windows/system32 and copy the program cmd.exe to for instance a folder on your desktop called "Magellan".
2. Now put the Magellan programs in there aswell.
3. Go to EU2 folder and copy the map folder and DB folder.
4. Inside your Magellan folder create a folder called MAPTBL. Put the two folders inside MAPTBL.
5. Now start the cmd.exe and write:

Code:
mextract NEWMAP /D:MAPTBL /1