• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait for another magellan. :p

What use would it be that Magellan supports the creation of more provinces or more pixels if the game in which the map would be used does not?

Actually, FTG allows it (it was changed to 10,000 in one of the patches). The main problem is not the global number of provinces but the limit of 256 provinces per region, which is still the same.

No.

mimage /E SGLv100.eu2map test.psd /R:0,0,2560,2560

Then, to put it in the map

mimage /I test.psd SGLv100.eu2map /PEDANTIC

Then

minject SGLv100.eu2map /D:C:\EU2

I recommend you to put FTG demo or EU2 files in a folder like C:\EU2 or C:\FTG

I see. I use a different method.

I export the map in 8 parts each part being 2368 x 7296.

Then I merge all of them in one PSD and draw the IDs, borders and shading.

Then I split the merged PSD in 8 parts again and paste the layers in the exported psd file.

Then I import them back again in the eu2map file.

What does /PEDANTIC do?

Actually, FTG allows it (it was changed to 10,000 in one of the patches). The main problem is not the global number of provinces but the limit of 256 provinces per region, which is still the same.

I thought you were speaking about EU2 in post 17? Or do you have the files for FtG installed in a folder named EU2?

I see. I use a different method.

I export the map in 8 parts each part being 2368 x 7296.

Then I merge all of them in one PSD and draw the IDs, borders and shading.

Then I split the merged PSD in 8 parts again and paste the layers in the exported psd file.

Then I import them back again in the eu2map file.

So mimage /E works with 2368 x 7296 pixels? And what about 2560 x 9856 pixels?

What does /PEDANTIC do?
Mimage /I tolerate colour a bit different to import map without this command. /PEDANTIC doesn't allow it.

I thought you were speaking about EU2 in post 17? Or do you have the files for FtG installed in a folder named EU2?
You could use FTG demo - just have folders "Map" with map files and folders "DB" with a csv file named province.

Where is respective colour map?

Anyway, my map would be 1453 land provinces... and there are so much!

I think that sectors aren't problems, because you could draw a map bigger, so Germany or Italy could stay in 2560 x 2560 pixels... so, where is the problem with sectors limits?

So mimage /E works with 2368 x 7296 pixels? And what about 2560 x 9856 pixels?
It works with 2368 x 7296 pixels but not with 2560 x 9856 pixels.

Where is respective colour map?
I think it's in mcolor.

I think that sectors aren't problems, because you could draw a map bigger, so Germany or Italy could stay in 2560 x 2560 pixels... so, where is the problem with sectors limits?
Depends on the map you're drawing. For the normal timeframe they can be problematic. Map mods usually bypass this by merging all rivers and lakes.

In map map all river are "Flumen" and all lakes are "Lacus".

I don't understand yet why sectors limits are problem if you draw a map ten times bigger!

EDIT: maybe mimage /I works with 2368 x 9856 pixels part...

I wrong everything again.

Before finish Africa in may map, today I thought to put an increased map (size: 18944 x 9856) with minject. It desn't work. Then I tried to do it with a standard map size (18944 x 7296) and minject works.

If I can't inject an increased map, I can't put Africa to the South of Equator.:( I can't link all seas of my map...:(

So, please Inferis implement minject with non-standard size map before I will finish the map in these two or three years... could anyone contact him?