• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Inferis

TBL File Hacker
21 Badges
Jul 2, 2001
www.inferis.org
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
I thought it would be time for a 1.0 release. This has been in beta long enough.

You can download a new version from my Magellan page. Only 1.0 is supported from as now. Before reporting errors, please upgrade to this version.

Not much new: a few bugfixes and a new tool (props to Kaigon). The new tool is mstats which will (for the moment) generate a list of all province boundboxes in an eu2map file. You can export it as CSV or as XML. If more info would be interesting, I might add some more features.

There's no 1615 version anymore. I don't think a lot of people use it. If there's enough interest, I possible could provide it anyway.

Have fun, and be sure to report bugs as extensively as possible, since it makes the bughunting a lot easier for me!

I have this with Magellan 1.0

Code:
*** Environment Info ***

Date: 2006/05/08 14:29:47
Tool: mextract, Version=1.0.0.41113, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (v1.0.0.41113)
OSVersion: Win32NT - 5.1.2600.0
CurrentDir: C:\magellan
SystemDir: C:\WINDOWS\system32
CommandLine: mextract fantasia_1 /d:c:\jeux\eu2\fantasia_1
CLR: 1.1.4322.573
EU2: (no install)

*** Error Info ***

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
   at EU2.Map.AdjacencyTable.WriteTo(BinaryWriter writer)
   at EU2.Map.AdjacencyTable.WriteTo(Stream stream)
   at EU2.Edit.File.WriteItem(ZipOutputStream zipstream, IStreamWriteable item, String name, FileProcessingHandler callback)
   at EU2.Edit.File.WriteTo(Stream stream)
   at EU2.Edit.File.WriteTo(String path)
   at EU2.Edit.File.Extract(Install install, String targetPath, FileExtractOptions options, FileProcessingHandler callback)
   at MapExtract.Boot.Main(String[] args)

I don't have it with the previous version.

OK, only waiting for a scenario editor avalaible with Magellan.... And all will be perfect :D

My bad. An id mismatch from my fiddling with Victoria remained in the Province definitions, causing a lot of harm. The fact that I hadn't worked on it for a while causes one to forget about those things. ;)

There's a version 1.0.1 to download from the Magellan homepage, which should fix those issues.

Code:
*** Environment Info ***

Date: 2006.05.21 21:12:25
Tool: mimage, Version=1.0.1.28909, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (v1.0.1.28909)
OSVersion: Win32NT - 5.1.2600.0
CurrentDir: C:\Programfiler\EU2
SystemDir: C:\WINDOWS\system32
CommandLine: mimage /i skanultmagellan6-8.psd skanult.eu2map
CLR: 1.1.4322.2032
EU2: (no install)

*** Error Info ***

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at EU2.Map.Codec.MapBlock.DecompressIdTable(Byte[] data, Int32& index, AdjacencyTable adjacent, Pixel[]& owners)
   at EU2.Map.Codec.MapBlock.Decompress(CompressedBlock compressed, AdjacencyTable adjacent)
   at EU2.Map.Lightmap.Recompress(Int32[] indexes)
   at MapImage.ImportImage.Run(String source, String target, Int32 regen, Point relocate, Boolean nowrite, Boolean makePNG, Boolean tolerant)
   at MapImage.Boot.Main(String[] args)

What is wrong? :(

That's not it, there's no more than 50 provinces in that 2048*2048 block.

Btw, in previous versions there was a command for creating a blank map, but I don't seem to find it in the 1.0 version. Is there something I've missed?

Figured out the "create empty map" function.

@Inferis: Isn't it a good idea to include all the commands on either the web page or the /? function? I found out about the mextract /C command by chance (in the changelog actually), would be nice if it had been easier.. :p

Error: I'll take a look at it tonight (don't have the sources here).

Webpage/Help: I know. I try to keep the /? updated when I do changes, but I miss a few here and there. The webpage is horrendously out of date, that's true. I might get around to updating it, who knows. ;)

After doing a bit of investigation, I have found that the problem only lays in about 10 ocean provinces in the centre of the map, and on an island group right above it. I only get error messages when trying to use mextract on the area (works just fine everywhere else), and I even get mview to crash when viewing the area. Here's the error message I got from mview:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at EU2.Map.Codec.MapBlock.DecompressIdTable(Byte[] data, Int32& index, AdjacencyTable adjacent, Pixel[]& owners)
   at EU2.Map.Codec.MapBlock.Decompress(CompressedBlock compressed, AdjacencyTable adjacent)
   at EU2.Map.Lightmap.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at EU2.Map.Lightmap.DecodeImage(Rectangle rect)
   at MapToolsLib.LayerPainters.MapLayerPainter.Paint(Graphics g, ILightmapDimensions m, Rectangle area)
   at EU2MapEditorControls.LayeredMapView.UpdateLayerSurfaces(Point referenceOrigin, PaintRequest[] requests, Boolean quick)
   at EU2MapEditorControls.LayeredMapView.MoveMapBlocks(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, Boolean permanent)
   at EU2MapEditorControls.LayeredMapView.MoveMapTo(Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at EU2MapEditorControls.LayeredMapView.minimap_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

deallus said:
After doing a bit of investigation, I have found that the problem only lays in about 10 ocean provinces in the centre of the map, and on an island group right above it. I only get error messages when trying to use mextract on the area (works just fine everywhere else), and I even get mview to crash when viewing the area. Here's the error message I got from mview:

Code:
...code...

You aren't using ID 2020, are you? I got an error just like that when I tried to.

I was using ID 2020 (the southernmost island in the mentioned island group), but it was replaced when I got the "Invalid province 2020" message. There's no province 2020 in the eu2map file now.