• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I imported everything today (newest Magellan version), but I made Faroe Islands and the two layers of ocean provinces around with mcolor 0.99 I think. The rest of the area is made with the latest download I think.

deallus said:
I imported everything today (newest Magellan version), but I made Faroe Islands and the two layers of ocean provinces around with mcolor 0.99 I think. The rest of the area is made with the latest download I think.
The problem is that you have a province 2019, which is was invalid according to my coding. After looking at some old code again, it seems that is an error on my behalf.

And so I fixed that, and I'll give you: Magellan 1.0.2. :wacko:

Great map by the way. ;)

Last edited:
Inferis we need your help, Deallus and me.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrik Krantz>cd..

C:\Documents and Settings>cd..

C:\>minject /?
minject - EU2 Map Injection Tool - v1.0.2.38268

Injects new map data into the EU2 map (to the game files, from the intermediate
format).

MINJECT <source[.eu2map]> [/D:<directory>] [/L]

<destination> Specifies the file to export to. The extension is automaticall
y added if it is omitted.
/D:<dir> Specifies the base directory to put the result files. This sho
uld be the root EU2 directory.
/L Indicates to regenerate lightmap2 and lightmap3 from lightmap1
(downsizing).
/S Indicates to save the source file after injecting the data (in
cluding all generated info).
/NOTOT Don't include the ToT and HRE fields in province.csv. Use this
for compatibility with older EU2 versions.

The injector will lookup the EU2 path through the registry.

C:\>minject skanult2.eu2map /D:deallus /L
minject - EU2 Map Injection Tool - v1.0.2.38268

Opening source file "skanult2.eu2map"...
Regenerating boundboxes...
Regenerating Lightmap2 and Lightmap3 from Lightmap1...
Regenerating IDGrid...

An error occured.
A log file ("error-minject-20060523203654.log") has been generated, please send this file (or its contents) to eu2map@inferis.org for bugfixing.

*** Environment Info ***

Date: 2006-05-23 20:36:53
Tool: minject, Version=1.0.2.38268, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (v1.0.2.38268)
OSVersion: Win32NT - 5.1.2600.0
CurrentDir: C:\
SystemDir: C:\WINDOWS\system32
CommandLine: minject skanult2.eu2map /D:deallus /L
CLR: 1.1.4322.2032
EU2: (no install)

*** Error Info ***

EU2.RegionSizeOverflowException: Region size overflow
at EU2.Map.IDGrid.BuildRegion(Int32 regionx, Int32 regiony, IDMap idmap)
at EU2.Map.IDGrid.Build(IDMap idmap)
at MapInject.Boot.Main(String[] args)

And i tried with the vanilla map and that worked just fine!

eu22hy.png

deallus6ki.png

What I feared. That pretty much kills the map project, after spending MONTHS with it. Why the hell can't Magellan check for RegionSizeOverflow BEFORE the injection???

Well, if you identify where your region boundaries and overlaps are, you can nudge provinces this way or that to make them fit.

mimage doesn't check, because there's no need to calculate the idgrid when modifying the map. That's because the region size limit doesn't occur in the lightmaps, but in idgrid.tbl. Which is a shame.

Recalculating the idgrid every time you import a PSD would be very time consuming. If you really want, I could add an option to check for it, but I won't add any code to always do it.

Don't blame me, I didn't create the limitations. ;)

Okay, the error handling code was there, but it was around the wrong block. My mistake. Minject will now report more accurately.

Additionally, I've implemented a /checkidgrid for mimage. Works only on mimage /si (simulated import), and it tests if the regions that contain the imported area are too complex or not. I don't know if this works well, since I don't have ready data here and I'm too tired to go look for any. In other words: experimental.

1.0.3, to be found at the Magellan homepage.

I found the section on my own, using a Photoshop plugin called Colourcounter. It pretty much killed my map, and the last 4-5 months of work on it. Vodka time.

Of course I have, but I reckoned that since I had no problems with the mimage /I command there was no worries, I honestly thought mimage checked this. To be honest, I couldn't imagine that it didn't, that seemed to ridiculous in my eyes.

If you're good with photoshop/paintshop/gimp you should have no trouble. Not may people have the patience and free time to draw an entire map by hand though. Magellan has been out for more than a year now and there are still only 2 public maps finalized. Using Inferis' tools is reallly quite simple as long as you have understanding of the term commandline. :)