Madness reached - Sun Tzu Reborn - Thoughts/observations/Mini-guide

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can a Field Marshal command five other field marshals?
There's nothing a general can do that a field marshal cannot do. Field marshals can command armies, and those armies can belong to an army group commanded by another field marshal. So yes.

If all of the above is correct, you can promote when you have all general traits you want, including terrain.

You don't have to wait that long. Field marshals can buy general traits. Remember the rule: field marshals can do everything generals can do, and then some.

Ah thanks for the responses guys!

So uh . . . where is the open sesame button for that nifty looking leader traits pane?

Ah thanks for the responses guys!

So uh . . . where is the open sesame button for that nifty looking leader traits pane?

If you own Waking the Tiger - on the general list there is details button on each general, and also when selecting each army/army group on the general portrait on the left there is small button there.

If you own Waking the Tiger - on the general list there is details button on each general, and also when selecting each army/army group on the general portrait on the left there is small button there.

Just bought it tonight. That would explain why I hadn't found it before.

There's nothing a general can do that a field marshal cannot do. Field marshals can command armies, and those armies can belong to an army group commanded by another field marshal. So yes.

You don't have to wait that long. Field marshals can buy general traits. Remember the rule: field marshals can do everything generals can do, and then some.
There is a mention in game that field marshal only give 50% of non-field-marshal bonuses. Does this depend on promotion level or on current assignment? Including traits.

There is a mention in game that field marshal only give 50% of non-field-marshal bonuses. Does this depend on promotion level or on current assignment? Including traits.

It's based on his current assignment. If he is leading army, he will act as normal general, and as such will provide 100% of his non-field marshal bonuses, and 0% of his field marshal traits bonuses. If he will be leading army group, he will confer 50% of his non-field marshal bonuses, and 100% of his field marshal traits bonuses.

Do FMs assigned as army generals earn XP and have level caps same as generals (so more xp per division and lower caps), or do they still use FM XP gain and level caps?

Its weird that you gain less exp with a fieldmarshal when he is managing the entire army group than when you use him to command 24 divisions, but I guess that's the game.

If all divisions are participating in combat from army group (120 divisions) he will actually earn 1.25 XP for each 1 XP earned individual general would earn. Problem is - it's hard to get into situation where you can reliably have 120 divisions fighting at the same time.

If all divisions are participating in combat from army group (120 divisions) he will actually earn 1.25 XP for each 1 XP earned individual general would earn. Problem is - it's hard to get into situation where you can reliably have 120 divisions fighting at the same time.

I also wanna add to the thread that doing this and going AFK is probably one of the fastest and most efficient way to get the achievement. I defeated both the Axis and the Allies the normal way but I wasn't earning much exp from encirclement and overruns, but doing this against the Soviets (since they really have a lot of manpower) is getting me somewhere. Its a crazy game where I left the game on overnight after releasing the Soviet so they built up 2k divisions overnight to throw against me for the achievement. I also have no idea how they went democratic, I went to make something to eat and when I came back they were suddenly democratic.

無題.jpg

I wish war casualties were presented in more detail like normal KIA, MIA, Friendly Fire, Overrun, Encirclement, Accident, etc. And also their branch of service, date, time, theater, army group, army, Division, etc.

I want to get a Weekly or Monthly casualty report as well.

What was the general strategy you used in actually fighting? I'm kind of assuming you'd do a breakthrough, encircle, destroy, and then sit there to let them build more units in the front line, not really pushing forward much.

Am I the only one curious how can one start as a Warlord in the evening and get Sun Tzu by the evening of the next day?
Probably I am playing it wrong but even the triumph runs like New World Order via Germany took me about 60 hours. China on historical was a damn pain for Awake and Angry, but warlord(!). Atm I am passed like 40 hours and have a feeling there will be another hundred.
1267F00AF665E5CEED9A00E647ADAD2F643DD9AC

How can you play afk for a minor? It takes me a blink of an eye to loose half a dozen of divisions in encirclement when I let computer do on his own. And while thats affordable if you keep game files locally (you can cheat-backup them) - my cloud save is too valuable (ghm - at least those 40h of progress already made) to risk with it.

Playing on 2/3 most of the time with numerous pauses to keep a track of fights which frequently happen a couple of thousand miles away one from another.
Do I miss smth fundamental?

Am I the only one curious how can one start as a Warlord in the evening and get Sun Tzu by the evening of the next day?
Probably I am playing it wrong but even the triumph runs like New World Order via Germany took me about 60 hours. China on historical was a damn pain for Awake and Angry, but warlord(!). Atm I am passed like 40 hours and have a feeling there will be another hundred.
1267F00AF665E5CEED9A00E647ADAD2F643DD9AC

How can you play afk for a minor? It takes me a blink of an eye to loose half a dozen of divisions in encirclement when I let computer do on his own. And while thats affordable if you keep game files locally (you can cheat-backup them) - my cloud save is too valuable (ghm - at least those 40h of progress already made) to risk with it.

Playing on 2/3 most of the time with numerous pauses to keep a track of fights which frequently happen a couple of thousand miles away one from another.
Do I miss smth fundamental?

If I will tell you it is thanks to my awesome skill in DOOM and Quake will you believe me? ;)

Serious answer - I've spent quite some time playing in China before making that thread and as such most of the things I was doing 'on-full auto' and playing on speed 5 helped immensly with this :)

If you want to see me in action (with some explaining and as such slower pace and pointless distractions) here is my Poland on Elite Difficulty level playthrough -
(first Episode :))

I love your micro-tips, like pause-restart attacks for traits/exp or waiting few hours until events will rise the WT before justifying. Feel myself more encouraged for a long-delayed Ethiopia run lol
I guess this micro is what I miss. My UK invasions fail usually due to sunk army-convoys half way thrice in a row and when I finally beat the royal navy to a degree of invasion - welcome America. Even worse with the New World invasions.

And as for my Battlecry I almost feel what a bad choice was to switch to Superior Firepower early. While right now I can afford some 7/2 armies - with grand battle-plan I could have been in a way better position to a date (meaning overall boost in factories and resources)

Thanks for the videos! Plan to keep watching - I guess there is more to find

Man - your second video in that chain. I just see with my eyes how you gain traits and how exp is growing - I missed that knowledge in so many of my games. Thanks!

Man - your second video in that chain. I just see with my eyes how you gain traits and how exp is growing - I missed that knowledge in so many of my games. Thanks!

I'm glad that it is helpful and you enjoy it! :)

I would say it's quite decent trade, 2.83 M against ~67M.

I by no means want to diminish the feat you achieved, nor do I want to sound overly negative, but this very quote is the epitome of why I feel this game is currently broken, and probably will be for quite some time. Maybe it's just a different game than I had wished it would be.