• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Calantyr

Perfection Personified
99 Badges
Feb 12, 2003
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Divine Wind
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
Firstly, you people are totaly mad taking on this conversion, but its bloody good so far! It takes ages for me to make maps using just wordpad, but now I can do the meat of it in the EU2 editor and just convert it. Rather nifty...

I've put up a quick scenario in the downloads section that I made ONLY with the EU2 editor, and then used EU2VIC. I hope no one here has any problems with that. On the whole, the province layout is great but up near the baltic coast and manchuria it gets a bit.... odd. Provinces that would normally be Russian must instead be Chinese otherwise they get Mongolia... but thats been noted elsewhere.

Baffin Island/ Greenland is also a bit screwy. If you colonise the EASTERN province in Greenland you get Baffin, but if you colonise the WESTERN province (which is closer) you don't. Should Greenland be connected to Baffin in this way though? I've always considered it more mainland Canada than Greenlandish. Maybe ownership of Baffin should be based on who owns the Nueltin EU2 province?

Anyway, keep up the great work, and I hope this helped in some way. Check out the scenario, it should be pretty good for multiplayer. Comments are welcome, but only if they can be implimented in EU2 :)

"Provinces that would normally be Russian must instead be Chinese otherwise they get Mongolia"

I also noticed this. But just look at the Europe2 map... Russian "Siberian alley" is closer to Mongolia than Chinese provinces. Also shape of Eu2 provinces significantly differs from Vici provinces. So it's difficult to do conversion 1:1.

Mad. Us. No never.... well maybe slightly :wacko: :D

Nice to see someone working with it.

You can post bugs regarding province ids in the geography thread. It's quite difficult to correctly assign province ids and help is always needed. Our head province id-er (;)) kokomo will surely correct things.

Calantyr said:
Baffin Island/ Greenland is also a bit screwy. If you colonise the EASTERN province in Greenland you get Baffin, but if you colonise the WESTERN province (which is closer) you don't. Should Greenland be connected to Baffin in this way though? I've always considered it more mainland Canada than Greenlandish.

Thnx for the compliments. There's been lots of amateur hard work behind it :) And it's always nice when people use it.

First of all remember that we are on Alpha stage still and the objective of converting the provinces was to had the map filled up and then re-shape and polish things a bit. Conversion will never be 100% accurate due to different Eu2 & Victoria maps (mainly Asia) but we do our best to improve it.

About Greenland, it was my personal choice since you had 2 provinces in EU2 and only 1 in Victoria. And Baffin Island was IMHO the most suitable for the ocasion.

Have fun and come back soon! :)

Ironfoundersson said:
Our head province id-er (;)) kokomo will surely correct things.

Thnx for the new position! :p ;)