• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kemosabe73

Sergeant
Jun 26, 2020
What causes machine uprising, and can it be avoided? In previous version, I could give synths citizen rights, and they wouldn't revolt, but I don't seem to have that option now. In my current revolt, 12 planets revolted - literally half my empire. seems a little harsh for the difficulty I am playing on.

I found the option to give the AI rights. It is a policy. I was trying to edit citizen rights. Presumably if I had set the policy there would be less chance of an uprising?
Citizen rights (the policy) do not actually prevent AI uprisings, they only significantly reduce the chances of them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
best way to stop it is to keep stability and happiness high along with full AI citizen rights. It is best to keep in mind that Xenophobe, Authoritarian, and Spiritualist ethics will all have a higher likelihood of having an uprising. You should also keep in mind the contingency messes with all empires except gestalt conscience, though synthetic evolution also seems to keep them to a minimum.
PS. The AI rights seems to unlock after you research either droids or synths.

• 1Like
Reactions: