• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LikeAFred

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
May 14, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hey there,

I know played some games and recognized that machine empires have a big problem where the pop constantly switching between jobs, this leads to stability problems couse they dont wont do make the tools for work. You now need a lot of effort to try to contain them in there jobs.

Would be nice if you guys could fix this couse it just leads to a bit frustration when playing robots

What do you mean switching between jobs. Do you mean they switch from minial drone jobs to complex drone jobs or are they switching to different jobs in the same category?

Because if it is the first one that is not a bug. Any time you build a building that provides jobs, those jobs take away workers from the menial jobs whether they're unemployed or not.

If you are talking about the second one, then there is a chance that you are upgrading your drones into certain builds where they better fit their new job than their last one.

Like if you have a set of drones who are superconductors they are more likely to take up tech drone jobs than mining drone jobs causing them some drones to switch around.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This is something i saw someone go through on a full play through video. It happens when your modifiers are activated in a way that it keeps changing which job would have the higher bonus, it can happen with any empire its the game trying to get the pop on the more appropriate job just to say wait the last one was better go back again and again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah I know the game mechanics and so on, but all the robots had the same perks and they where constantlx switching in the worker space, so that they didnt produce enough services and then a day later produce like 30 services too much and so on. But mainly they set them up in a way that the world doesnt have enough services and this leads to a stabilty problem on the world. This isnt a problem if the world is full populated (of course) but every developing settlement has the problem.

Yeah I know the game mechanics and so on, but all the robots had the same perks and they where constantlx switching in the worker space, so that they didnt produce enough services and then a day later produce like 30 services too much and so on. But mainly they set them up in a way that the world doesnt have enough services and this leads to a stabilty problem on the world. This isnt a problem if the world is full populated (of course) but every developing settlement has the problem.
Is that service that they work from a maintenance drone facility?

Okay I will try that out next time. And yeah I also have no clue about what is happening there. Just for some clearance i had the modifier were they produce less service and a friend of mine had the modifier were they produce more but we had the same problem in diffrent games

Okay I will try that out next time. And yeah I also have no clue about what is happening there. Just for some clearance i had the modifier were they produce less service and a friend of mine had the modifier were they produce more but we had the same problem in diffrent games
That's very odd to me. It must be something that you are not seeing cause I only play as machine empires and I have not seen that yet. If i can I would like to observe this happening so if there's a way in which you can show us what's going on it would help a lot more.

That's very odd to me. It must be something that you are not seeing cause I only play as machine empires and I have not seen that yet. If i can I would like to observe this happening so if there's a way in which you can show us what's going on it would help a lot more.
You could try to have more jobs then currently workers on a planet and then watch if you have the problem yourself. I had like 18 jobs unworked because i like to pre-built my planets

Yeah but they were working the district jobs. Like i had 18 tec jobs(mostly from districts) 14 service jobs(both from districts and bulidings) and 2 dustfarmer jobs(i dunno the english name for the gatherer slot for thoose instabile particles) and they were constantly switching. But they mostly worked the tec jobs

I
There will be a red arrow or something like that where it shows the workers
I know you can block jobs and prioritize them. I like to analyse and lern new game mechanics, its a kink of myself. And i used it after I watched this clown fiesta of a worker switcheridoo to fix it. I then proceeded to lock the tec jobs so that the service jobs would get filled enough to provide a useful amount of services, but when i unlpcked them the workers were just jumping around. Maybe there were more priotizing factors that collided with one another. Like oh we are bad at services so we will place less people in that, then oh we need more services so we place them in that, oh we are good at energie production so we just dump them all in energie, oh but the services doesnt look good, better put some in there, but we are so damn good at energie better put some more in that tec job....

I

I know you can block jobs and prioritize them. I like to analyse and lern new game mechanics, its a kink of myself. And i used it after I watched this clown fiesta of a worker switcheridoo to fix it. I then proceeded to lock the tec jobs so that the service jobs would get filled enough to provide a useful amount of services, but when i unlpcked them the workers were just jumping around. Maybe there were more priotizing factors that collided with one another. Like oh we are bad at services so we will place less people in that, then oh we need more services so we place them in that, oh we are good at energie production so we just dump them all in energie, oh but the services doesnt look good, better put some in there, but we are so damn good at energie better put some more in that tec job....
that may be it, the stability bonus is constantly changing making different jobs have a better output so the pop gets put there, but the services drop, which drops the stability making the services the priority again rinse and repeat

that may be it, the stability bonus is constantly changing making different jobs have a better output so the pop gets put there, but the services drop, which drops the stability making the services the priority again rinse and repeat
If that is the case and it would be really stupid for a game design. You then punish the people for playing the game in a normally good way